about 1 year ago
The purpose of this role, working within the Business Development team, is to identify and progress new business opportunities from initial conception through the evaluation, development and contract negotiation stages.
The key objective of this role will be to realise significant new revenue streams, contributing £multi-million to the existing company portfolio.
The role would suit a highly motivated, proactive individual either with experience in the development of a new business, or looking for an exciting new opportunity and an ability to adapt quickly.
- Understand and deliver the company vision, business development strategy and targets
- Develop in depth knowledge of customer and UK nuclear market requirements
- Identify and progress future business development opportunities, including new customer contracts and potential technology/service partners
- Formulation and presentation of business cases and option evaluation for new opportunities
- Analysis of organisational and technical capability to deliver new business opportunities
- Lead bids and tenders, acting as Bid Manager where appropriate
- Management of multidisciplinary teams to deliver bids, tenders and new partnerships
- Formulation, development and negotiation of sales contracts and partnership arrangements
- Control of contracted work packages, including contract and programme management, required to support development of new business opportunities and transition into the operational phase
- Representation and promotion of the company at national and industry wide events
- Interface with the appropriate company experts to ensure compliance with all legislative, regulatory and company procedures and standards
- Role will require some travel to customer and partner sites
Technical knowledge, with experience in the nuclear or other technical industry
Experience in carrying out business and market analysis
Experience in developing successful investment appraisals and business cases, for high value projects
Led, managed and secured new business development opportunities, including production of successful bids for high value opportunities
Degree or equivalent qualifications or experience - in either a quantitative or business related subject