4 months ago
Reporting to the Managing Director you will lead the company's efforts to establish and retain business growth opportunities, primarily obtaining new clients and fostering business relationships to increase income from sales of hydrogen dual fuel conversions, business partnerships and collaborative R&D projects.
The role involves leadership, commercial orientation, clear communication, appreciation of finance, marketing, report writing, project management, and aspects of use of spreadsheets, along with ability to problem-solve, be independent and work closely with a team of largely technical engineering colleagues.
The formal location for the post will be based out of the company's new offices in Scotland (location to be confirmed), however home office facilities will be supported, with the role taking you across the whole of the UK, as well as with some overseas travel as required.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
- Build an excellent understanding of the clients current and future products, services and capabilities in the commercial vehicle space and be able to present as an expert in hydrogen transport technologies at technical and commercial networking events such as conferences and exhibitions
- Seek out the appropriate contacts in an organisation to generate leads, build the company's partnerships with stakeholders and prospective customers
- Work on and build the relationships required to deliver the sales pipeline, including completing tenders, providing support for customers to secure funding, finding partners in the supply chain and delivering all aspects of the commercial leadership in customer and R&D projects
- Identify new business opportunities - including new markets, growth areas, trends, customers, products and services
- Understand the needs of your customers and be able to respond effectively with a plan of how to meet these, including face to face meetings, emails, over the phone and or on Teams
- Build a close working relationship with the technical and operational staff to ensure that the company is aligned to delivering customer's needs
- Think and work strategically - seeing the bigger picture and setting aims and objectives so that the company can develop and improve business income
- Being aware of market trends, competitors and keeping the company abreast of future opportunities and threats as the business environment for hydrogen energy and commercial vehicles change.
- Assisting with investment and financial decisions to benefit the company
- Complying with regulations and laws of business development
Qualifications, Education, Skills, and Experience
- Proven working experience as a business development manager, sales and or marketing executive or similar commercial role
- Experience of collaborative commercial partnerships and project management
- Experience in customer support and key account management
- Proficiency in MS Office and other relevant CRM systems
- Communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to build rapport and work in a small team particularly technical and engineering staff
- Time management and planning skills
- Degree level qualification and further academic qualifications in business or equivalent would be preferred
SALARY to be negotiated based on relevant experience
Full-Time: 25 days annual leave and contributory pension scheme