£65000.00 - £70000.00 per annum
about 2 months ago
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT DIRECTOR - Remote based from UK or Western Europe
Morson Talent are recruiting on behalf of a global provider of risk management products and services. Our client host a number of customers within the telecommunications arena and led to the creation of the following vacancy:
Business Development Director
Reporting to the Director of Repair and Service Supply Chain, you will secure new business in the Reverse Logistics, Supply Chain Market and to Develop new client base for Supply Chain Europe with a focus on, MNO, MVNO, OEM'S and Retail.
* Lead and direct our strategy creation to realise Supply Chain vision and create sustainable customer, client and value.
* Enhance organisational capability to build and protect value, ensuring shareholder return is maximised.
* Establish investment criteria and the strategic change narrative.
* Establish business excellence and quality standards that establish market "norms and benchmarks".
* Ensure lawful, regulatory & ethical integrity of business.
* Build the responsibilities of a company director according to the lawful and ethical standards, as referenced in the Directors and Managers Statement of Corporate Responsibility and the Business Ethics Policy.
* Determine the Supply Chain strategic direction and ensure execution of all plans for the Reverse Logistics sector, clients and next field prospects.
* Develop the 3 year Supply Chain strategic business development plan for the identified market.
* Ensure commercial and organisational approval of all new contracts ensuring compliance with international regulations.
* Develop the European Supply Chain product development strategy to improve market position and bring competitive advantage, linked to Global Supply Chain Strategy.
* Review and assess product development based on commercial appeal and fit for Supply Chain and its clients.
* Insight and monitoring of the market landscape to ensure our client is well placed to take advantage of the latest trends through it's new product offerings
* Develop the strategy to maximise overall value from existing clients and prospects, focusing on long-term relationships and sustainability of earnings.
* Develop the reputation of our clients Device Care in the market as a strategic partner to it's clients and a thought expert in the Reverse Logistics sector.
* Guide client advocacy through the capability of the business development function.
* Experience as Business Development Director or other relevant role
* Experience sales or marketing and managing relationships with essential clients
* In-depth understanding of market research methods and analysis
* Solid knowledge of performance reporting and financial/budgeting processes
* Commercial awareness partnered with a well thought-out mindset
* The ability to build teams and inspire people.
* Experience of having used and gained market knowledge and customer insights to feed into commercial strategy and marketing plans.
* To analyse data to translate market insight from internal and external sources into powerful insights
* To work in an energetic environment with a level of initiative and positivity
* To identify improvement opportunities, challenge status quo and drive changes
* To quickly guide decisions and agreement building in a multi-partner environment. Experience of building and sustaining successful relationships.
* Experience of driving strategic process and new ideas.
* Bachelors degree or experience equivalent
Ideally looking for someone to be based remotely in the UK, however candidates based in Western Europe will also be considered.