Up to £60000 per annum
17 days ago
The Business Controller will also provide finance expertise and insight in to the overhead, bid, self-funded research & development and multi-year budget processes.
As a qualified accountant with demonstrable commercial finance experience in a long term project environment, the Business Controller will have strong business partnering, stakeholder management, communication and presentation skills and, in particular, the ability to communicate with senior level individuals.
Working in this key role for a global defence organisation the Business Controller will be proactive, dynamic and self-motivated with a desire to find and deliver improvements. In addition, the Business Controller will have the ability to work independently as well as together with both finance and non-finance professionals.
- Analysing incurred and forecast costs, identifying key drivers and trends.
- Completion of key financial information in to project dashboards and delivering financial insight in to the project review cycle.
- Analyse variances associated with performance & scope changes, reporting areas of risk and opportunity.
- Provide accurate and timely Sales, Margin, Order Intake and Cash forecasts.
- Providing finance expertise to the bid gate review process.
- Driving periodic overhead reviews with senior managers.
- Taking a key role in the multi-year budgeting process, working with key operational stakeholders.
Skills & Experience
- Experience of accounting for significant value long-term contracts.
- Excellent analytical skills, with the ability to interpret and present data to key stakeholders
- Monthly financial reporting against tight deadlines.
- Financial planning, forecasting and budgeting.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills with the ability to transmit information to non-finance professionals
- Strong interpersonal and organisational skills.
- Highly proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel.
- Experience with ERP systems (i.e. Oracle, SAP).
- Fully qualified CIMA/ACCA/ACA or relevant equivalent, with a number of years PQE.
This is a fantastic opportunity with a global, innovative company. Join us. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss with your Resourcing Business partner.