Currently recruiting for a Business Intelligence (BI) analyst with Tableau working for a large automotive client.
The role will involve:
The Cost Reduction Promotion and Strategy function is in charge of planning and managing the life cycle cost reduction business for all R&D projects in Europe including Russia.
The responsibilities include:
- Lead all life cycle cost reporting using Tableau, Office Applications and other strategic BI tools.
- Identify new cost reduction opportunities and support delivery of existing cost reduction projects.
- Provide expert support to engineers regarding sources of data, systems and processes.
Periodic remote working may be required in-line with Company policy.
Infrequent national and international travel to may be required
Specialist reporting :
Maintenance of existing reports to meet evolving business requirements using Tableau developer license & software
- Manage and control cost reports using Tableau desktop/server
- Develop and maintain best practices in the use of Tableau
- Maintain subscriptions, data source extracts (data joins, data filters, prioritisation & refresh schedules) etc.
- Understand customer and business requirements to create new reports, delivering simple summaries from complex source data
- Develop training material and deliver training on the use of the reporting tools
- Analyse the data output to identify trends, opportunities, risks, anomalies and areas requiring action.
System and Process Management :
- Maintain best practice systems and processes for the regional business
- Expert user of the in-house developed management system (CDW and Innovation bank)
Cost Reduction events :
- Provide ad-hoc support for cross functional events to promote the generation and progress of cost reduction ideas
Must have expert knowledge of Tableau desktop, Tableau server and BI (Business Intelligence) development
Ideally qualified to degree level or equivalent experience
Strong PC skills with Excel, Access, MS PowerPoint and MS Word are essential
Knowledge of SQL desirable
Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail
Excellent interpersonal skills and communication/presentation skills
Experience to lead a team and/or project including preparation of detailed documentation (business requirements and mock up creation)
Ability to identify and develop process improvement opportunities
Some understanding of vehicle components, systems and the vehicle development processes is desirable but not essential
Languages: English - fluent, (Spanish, French or Russian would be an advantage but not essential)