City of London, London
£45000 - £60000 per annum
8 months ago
Morson International is pleased to be offering this exciting opportunity on behalf of our client, Low Carbon Contracts Company (LCCC), who will play a key role in the delivery of Electricity Market Reform (EMR), the biggest change to the electricity market since privatisation. LCCC require a Business Analyst (Reporting into Project Delivery )based in Central London on a Permanent basis.
The Business Analyst will be responsible for identifying, analysing and scheduling change with industry for new Settlement activities, whilst impact assessing changes against existing business operations. The Business Analyst will need to process a high volume of regulation and develop own concepts and principals to be successful in primary analysis activities.
The Electricity industry is complex and the successful candidate will need to understand and digest the electricity system, its codes of operation, the electricity supply business, regulated environments, electricity metering, the delivery landscape, its evolution as well as being experienced in working with commercial contracts, data-oriented businesses, and an awareness of traditional system development models.
The Low Carbon Contracts Company (LCCC) and the Electricity Settlements Company (ESC) sit at the heart of the delivery of the UK's goals for secure, affordable and sustainable electricity. These two private limited companies, wholly owned by the Secretary of State for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS), were created to deliver key instruments for the Electricity Market Reform Programme:
- Contract for Difference, acting as the CFD contract counterparty, under LCCC; and
- Capacity Market, acting as the Settlement Body, under ESC.
The roles of LCCC and ESC differ between the schemes interacting with Electricity Suppliers, CFD Generators, Capacity Market Providers, National Grid and Elexon.
- Distil regulations and rules into roles, processes and data models.
- Develop organisational knowledge and material to support peer analyst development and team knowledge across LCCC / ESC.
- Determine impacts from scheme changes to metering solutions and capacity provider flexibility for metering contracts.
- Support Metering related contract governance activities and develop business impact assessments for all change.
- Provide experienced based views for improved regulatory proposals under the banner of continuous improvement but driving scheme affordability.
- Provide support and guidance for commercial and finance teams on metering related solutions (CFD and Capacity Market).
- Collaborate with Elexon and National Grid on forthcoming changes in the Balancing and Settlement Code (BSC) and System Operator for ESC / LCCC readiness.
- Prioritise and schedule changes whilst continuing to build a healthy and robust relationship with our suppliers.
- Facilitate requirements gathering workshops with stakeholders and improve underlying requirements management processes, where possible.
- Maintain business process models within an overall LCCC / ESC operating model.
- Ensure changes in regulation are transparent and can be traced from regulations, requirements through to third party business processes.
- Support user acceptance and training phases to reinforce business design and successful implementation.
Skills/experience required for the role:
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Relevant industry experience with some exposure to metering would be an advantage.
- Strong can-do attitude with a desire to be well recognised within a small organisation and across industry as a knowledge lead.
- Capable of developing strong, long term relationships with stakeholders.
- Strong business process modelling and management skills.
- Structured analysis and modelling skills.
- Well-developed influencing and decision making skills, showing clear leadership when it comes to driving out the definition of a problem and its solution.
- Ability to multi-task combined with an ability to motivate and mentor others
- Significant experience of working in a Business Analyst role.
- Experience of developing training material to upskill organisational teams.
- Excellent demonstrable experience of Visio, Excel and Powepoint
- Strong problem solving, options analysis and decision making skills.
- Good numeracy and analytical capabilities.
- Strong presentation / facilitation skills.
- Excellent verbal and written skills and able to communicate at all levels.
- Highly organised and able to prioritise and work to deadlines.
- Able to build concepts to complex problems.
- Experienced in influencing and negotiating to successful outcomes.
- Good planning and collaboration, with strong self-starter characteristic.
- Proactive in leading discussions across experienced teams.