7 months ago
Position: Business Analyst
Duration: 5 Months
Key Technical Skills
Experience of analysing complex systems and developing interface specifications, User Cases and business process models.
Proven ability in implementing and configuration of complex Business Information Systems to meet business requirements
Good analytical and problem solving skills
Capable of producing technical proposals and documentation for use by senior management within the organisation to support their decision making process.
Experience in an agile environment
Good working knowledge of industry leading databases i.e. Oracle, SQL Server etc.
Good understanding of data management techniques.
Development and delivery of training in the business systems.
Key Leadership/People Mgmt Skills
The ability to develop effective partnerships with a variety of stakeholders and to manage their expectations.
Provide subject matter consultancy to the business to support company wide decision making and strategy.
Top 6 Major Tasks and Activities:
1. To work closely with the business and IM&T Technical Architects to define the new processes and systems.
2. To work closely with the Naval Ships Data Warehouse Oracle team to define new interface requirements
3. To develop those business requirements into technical documentation suitable for developers to implement.
4. Assist in the development of integrated solutions maximising the capabilities of the COTS toolset.
5. Work with the user community to gain acceptance of the proposals
6. Develop user material in the form of user guides and/or computer based training (CBT).