Manchester, Greater Manchester, N. W. England, England
£35000.00 - £39000.00 per annum
2 months ago
Job Title: Business Analyst
Company: Sports Club
A new role has arisen for a Business Analyst or more specifically an IT Operations Analyst to support the Head of IT Operations in identifying, scoping, evaluating and delivering IT Projects across a diverse and complex business. Projects will relate to applications and platforms which transact and interact with the public both directly and online together with other more general corporate, security and public access operations.
The successful person must be a confident and strong communicator, a diligent and resourceful analyst able to propose recommendations as a result of their analysis and be flexible and dynamic in their approach to what is a fast paced and highly demanding workplace.
Please be advised that this is a sports club and the role will require you to work on match days.
- Assist IT Operations Manager in identifying business department requirements and the contribute in the delivery of technology solutions available to meet these requirements.
- Contribute to the development of the Business System Applications strategy and ensure a holistic approach is taken for the long development and support.
- Play an active role in project planning and management of major system projects.
- Provide responsibility for the management of all Business System applications on a Match Day utilising 3rd party and internal resources
- To assist the IT Operations Manager in the development, upgrade and maintenance of the Company's Business IT systems ensuring that the systems fully support and if possible exceed the requirements of the business. As an example, this will include the EPOS system, integrated payment solutions, site access solutions, Digital Signage systems.
- Contribute to the strategic update of all IT and Business Application systems. This process will also factor in life cycle management.
- To manage the day to day workload of an employed student and facilitate the transition of annual IT placement role.
- Contribute to maintaining a very high level of system stability, availability, performance, reliability and accessibility under a secure framework and where feasible have contingency options and solutions factored in.
- Identify and recommend changes to solutions that can be relevant business solutions deployed are scalable and future proofed.
- To provide the IT Operations Manager with appropriate monthly planning information and ensure we consistently achieve a high level delivering projects on time and on budget across multiple projects.
The IT Operations Analyst must possess knowledge of the following in order to perform their role effectively;
- Project Management Experience and process analysis/mapping techniques
- Risk Awareness
- ITIL - service management
- Cloud technologies (multiple cloud systems)
- Mobile technologies
- Latest database management techniques (Microsoft SQLServer)
- Latest Microsoft server and desktop systems
- A good awareness and knowledge of IT infrastructure and in particular networks (Cisco), virtualisation (VMware) and storage (Netapp) systems
- Exposure to the following systems would be a key advantage;
- Ticketing and access control
- EPOS systems
- Card & BACS payments
- Retail - including stock and warehouse management
To apply, please send an updated copy of your CV.