Up to £12.14 per hour
2 months ago
Business Administrator; Scotstoun; £12.14 PAYE per hour; Contract
Our client based in Scotstoun is looking for a Business Administrator to manage the secretarial and office activities of the programme management team.
You will be require to support the Head of Programme Management & the Programme Management Team
- Assist the team with producing documents & other clerical support
- Look after the team including booking travel, assisting with the time booking system
- Stand in for other Project Administrators within the Programme
- Manage office/stationery supplies as necessary to maintain office facilities as required
- Effective liaison with visitors and staff including visitor reception, arranging meetings, travel bookings etc
- Co-ordinating events
Top 6 Major Tasks and Activities
- Establish and undertake the Programme Management team administrative and secretarial duties including time & attendance, expenses, booking travel, preparing correspondence, handling & recording telephone messages etc to the required deadlines as required.
- Assist the Document Controller in managing the PM documents & other documents as required in windchill.
- Manage the Meeting & Reporting calendar and act as the focal point for both internal & external personnel for arranging PM meetings and reviews incl collating notes & actions as required. This is to include proficient coordination & prioritisation of appropriate diaries and liaison with external contacts.
- Prepare electronic documents including reports and presentation material
- Be the 'Host' for those visiting including arranging passes, booking them in and ensuring they have everything they need form an admin point of view to undertake their task including liaising with Facilities Mgr where necessary to ensure they have a desk
- Organise & assist with the induction process for Staff joining the PM team
- Where necessary also provide the above for those PM team members based in Glasgow
- Assist in running Senior Management & PM events
- Be responsible for their own quality & notify the HoPM any quality drop-offs or best practise
Your key skills will include;
- Effective communication skills - ability to transfer key messages in the most effective way. Communicating appropriately at all levels internally and externally
- Working effectively and openly with the clients' partners on administrative and secretarial matters.
- Courtesy and cooperation in arranging events including PR, Comms & jointly with the customer.
- Ability to be discrete and diplomatic
Key Technical Skills;
IT - MS Office inc Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Microsoft Project.
Shared Data Environment/Sharepoint inc recording and management, Windchill & My Options (Time booking system).
- Focus on order and Problem solving - Ability to determine the most practical and expedient course of action for matters relating to the smooth running of the PM team and key events.
- Flexibility - Ability to adapt to changing priorities for collective effort in the team, often at short notice.
- Attention to detail
- Ability to produce, prioritise and maintain documents/reports/presentations in a suitable & professional manner
- Ability to plan ahead & organise across multiple organisations & sites
- Senior Meetings & Reports Calendar
- Senior Mgrs diaries maintained particularly that of the HoPM
- Updated SDE/sharepoint 'pages' & Windchill.
- Senior Mgmt & PM timesheets & expenses
- Coordinating visitor passes
- Documents as required
- NVQ Level 3 in Business and Administration (or equivalent)
- European Computer Driving Licence (ECDL)
Morson is acting as a recruitment business in relation to this vacancy