Up to £11.50 per hour
3 months ago
Business Administrator; based in Preston; 6 month contract; £11.50 per hour
A Business Administrator is required to work for a large manufacturing company based in Preston. The primary focus of this role is to provide administrative support to the office of the Central Engineering Department and Early Careers team, whilst being part of a dynamic and high performing administrative hub.
Duties will involve;
- Arranging UK and Overseas travel as required in line with the company Travel and Expenses policy.
- Provide logistic support to the delivery of a number of employee engagement activities including Leadership Conferences, Engineering Away Days etc.
- Duties include invitation and attendee management, venue liaison and Admin support on the day.
- Supporting the cascade of regular internal communications updates from the central Communications team (and local Engineering Comms & Engagement team), whilst helping to produce monthly team brief packs for the department.
- Provide Administrative Support to the Early Careers Team. Duties include the collation of assessment packs, Room Bookings and delegate management
- Co-ordinate purchases through the Corporate Purchasing Card (CPC) as required by the team, ensuring all auditable paperwork is maintained and costs are in line with available budgets to support the CPC owner.
- Support the Office with ad hoc tasks acting as a 'go to' person for a wide range of general business information.
- Work closely with the other team administrators to ensure a seamless service, including providing cover during periods of absence.
- Management of stationery supplies i.e. monitoring and replenishing stock.
- Records Co-ordinator ensuring the Central Engineering department are compliant with the record retention policy, providing guidance to the department on records management.
- Proquis Administrator for the Central Engineering department providing support as required
The individual must be able to communicate effectively, work flexibly on a range of tasks, be comfortable with acting as the 'go to' person on a wide range of issues along with keeping in mind of confidentiality and discretion are essential.
They must also be able to demonstrate good organisational skills, good accuracy for detail and the ability to work to deadlines.
Morson is acting as an employment business in relation to this vacancy.