US$15.00 - US$18.00 per annum
2 months ago
Be able to lead a team to form mold face sheet from customer supplied model or drawing and manufacturing instructions given. Strategize to fabricate within the given timeframe and create minimal weld seams for facesheet welding.
This document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying the position.
* Make complex sets up and operate metal forming machinery/press machines in order to produce compound angle, complex shaped, face sheet in accordance with quality and safety standards.
* Performs grinding, plasma cutting and saw cutting in accordance with quality and safety standards.
* Review shop engineering drawings to insure that incoming material to be fabricated is correct.
* Based on production specifications and/or instructions, selects and sets up tools, equipment and machines required for quality productions.
* Reviews machine tooling requirements and plans set-up/operations to optimize flow of work.
* Inspects and dimensionally checks production to insure production output meets requirements.
* Program and operate specialized inspection equipment (e.g., gauges, air spindles, functional gauges), discuss inspection results with those responsible and recommend necessary corrective actions.
* Utilizes properly calibrated precision measuring instruments when performing work.
* Make set up (machine / tooling) adjustments to bring non-conforming out-put into required specifications.
* Informs the Supervisor of any operating or material condition that would interfere with quality production.
* Performs routine operator maintenance and operational checks on all tools and equipment utilized to include: tool sharpening, machine oiling, fluid level/air pressure checks, safety switch functioning etc.
* Maintains work area, tools, and equipment in a neat, clean, and orderly manner.
* Segregates and periodically disposes of scrap material into approved collection containers.
* Maintains an accurate record of all work performed in the appropriate format.
* Completes an inspection of equipment prior to use in an effort to ensure safe work practices and reports malfunctions and issues to supervisor.
* Operates a forklift and Crane in accordance with safety standards.
* Participate and take responsibility for 6S.
* Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
* Saves and organizes data (CP's, screenshots, etc.) in the appropriate job folder
* Submits and discusses repairs or any additional non-conformance condition with the supervisor and/or the engineering department.
Any combination of education and experience providing the required skill and knowledge for successful job performance will be considered.
* Metal forming.
* Mastercam/Verisurf knowledge is preferred.
* Forming / Press machinery and Set-up experience.
* Carries a manufacturing diploma or equivalent, a good mathematical aptitude, and good judgment skills.
* Has at least five years of verifiable relevant work experience in industrial manufacturing.
* Must be knowledgeable on different metal types (Basic Metallurgy).
* Must possess mechanical skills as well as good working knowledge and experience of machine processes.
* Ability to analyze and interpret design drawings, manuals and other materials to determine specifications, inspection and testing procedures, adjustment and certification methods, formulas, and measuring instruments required.
* Ability to identify opportunities to improve current production processes and to implement the necessary steps for the improvements.