Up to £400 per day
Rail Technical Team
7 months ago
Title of Post: Building Services / Mechanical Field Assurance Engineer
Reports to: Maintenance Manager
1. Purpose of the Job
* To review and approve Operation & Maintenance (O&M) documentation and undertake site visits to validate installations against O&M and as-built information. The role will be both office and site based. The individual must have significant knowledge and experience in mechanical building systems e.g. Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning, Water Distribution, Tunnel Ventilation, Pumping Systems and Public Health maintenance management.
2. Principal Accountabilities
* Review and comment on the quality, completeness and accuracy of Operation and Maintenance (O&M) documentation supplied by the client.
* Actively engage with the client and work with Tier 1 contractors to resolve open O&M items.
* Undertake reviews and produce materials for safe access and working for field assurance activities
* Review and comment on Test and Commissioning (T&C) data
* Work with the client to drive quality in materials and timely completion of O&M
* Manage and prioritise work to ensure project milestones are achieved, escalating issues in a timely manner
* Provide Engineering input to resolve issues working with Maintenance Engineers and the client.
* Undertake site field assurance visits to validate documentation against installations.
* Compile reports for formal submittal to Rail for London Infrastructure and the client.
* Produce non-conformance reports and escalate issues.
* Interface with key stakeholders.
* Facilitate meetings and workshops to progress closure of issues and present best practices.
* Undertake activities as decided by the line manager to achieve departmental goals.
* Take reasonable care of your own and others health and safety and of those who may be affected in the day-to-day delivery of this role by taking personal responsibility for working to the clients Target Zero principles.
* Co-operate with the client in all matters relating to health and safety, including following safe working procedures at all times.
* Act as a role model for the clients vision and values, behaving in ways that are in alignment with the clients Ways of Working. Encourage and support others to do so too.
* Promote equality in the workplace and adopt appropriate behaviour when interacting with colleagues.
* Take necessary care to properly protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of corporate information from unauthorised disclosure, modification or destruction. Never knowingly put the clients information or information systems at risk.
3. Main challenges of the job
* Timely review of O&M and T&C information.
* Working with multiple stakeholders and different organisations.
* Achieving programme delivery to challenging timescales.
* Adapting to strategic needs and competing priorities.
4. Dimensions & Interfaces (both internal and external)
* Reporting to the RFLI Maintenance Engineer.
* Interfacing with various Maintenance & Engineering disciplines.
* Liaising with Project Managers including RfL, the client and the Project Delivery team.
* Liaising with Operations Business team and wider Operations directorate for governance and performance progress reporting.
5. Person Specification
* Must have significant knowledge and experience in mechanical building systems e.g. Heating Ventilation Air Conditioning Water Distribution Tunnel Ventilation Pumping Systems and Public Health maintenance management.
* Able to understand complex, technical concepts and translate them into clear, accessible content with accuracy and attention to detail.
* An awareness of Environment, Health, Safety, Security and Quality practices as applicable to a rail environment.
* Good organisational and interpersonal skills with proven ability to work effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
* Able to work using own initiative and manage own workload.
* Previously experience of delivery projects and / or understanding of Handover process, Asset Information (O&Ms, Asset Data) would be desirable.
* Confident and professional in face-to-face, phone, email and web communications.
* Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite including Word, Visio, Excel and PowerPoint.
* Experience of working in a railway maintenance environment would be advantageous.