£55000 - £60000 per annum + car allowance
8 months ago
My client is looking to hire a Building Services Manager, the successful candidate will be a key member of the project team reporting to the Project Manager, you will be responsible for the successful delivery of mechanical, electrical and public health (ME&PH) services on construction projects from tender stage through to design, procurement, construction, commissioning and handover.
ME&PH services vary from project to project but may include lifts, statutory services, sprinklers, specialist sound, communication and theatre lighting, pool water systems, water treatment, specialist gases, renewable Energy systems and mechanical or manufacturing process systems.
You will be expected to use your technical, commercial, contractual, programming and time awareness skills as part of a project team, to deliver design, construction and commissioning solutions that meet our contractual obligations, making due allowance for the proposed construction budget, methodology and programme, whilst also ensuring that installations are of the right quality and recognise current legislation, standards and codes of practice.
JOB SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE (essential)
- Minimum 5 years (preferably 10 years) work experience as a Building Services Manager or Engineer for a major building contractor
- Practical or technical building services background
- In-depth knowledge of Building Regulations, Codes of Practice and Standard Practices
- Good building services product knowledge
- Ability to research and assess suitable alternative products / design solutions
- Knowledge of software including AutoCAD and BIM (Building Information Modelling)
- A good understanding of all facets of the construction process
- Familiarity with construction management software packages
- Ability to plan and see the bigger picture