7 days ago
Building Services Lead - Mechanical Building Services Design , Permanent, Bristol
We are recruiting for a Building Services Lead to be based in Bristol. The role is to manage the design of the mechanical building services from basic design through to detailed design, with the support of external designers and internal specialists.
The role will focus on a number of buildings within the Site Buildings Team portfolio and will require working with and supporting the building leads who manage the overall design.
As a mechanical building services lead:
* Prepare technical specifications for the consultants and contractors developing the design of the building.
* Contribute to the bidders' technical assessment.
* Surveillance of subcontracted design activities.
* Liaise with stakeholders involved in the specification, procurement, design, construction, use, maintenance and decommissioning of the mechanical building services.
* Support design reviews as part of the staged delivery.
* Analyse and resolve any technical design issues presented by consultants and contractors, challenge their proposals.
* Manage technical interfaces with other teams.
* Manage the changes and non-conformances occurring during the design.
* Manage potential deviations with respect to requirements from stakeholders.
* Assess any changes proposed during construction
* Apply QA processes, procedures and tools to manage the design activities (NNB arrangements, interface specifications with the Responsible Designer)
* Raise alerts to the building leads where necessary.
Skills and Qualifications
* Degree qualified or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering/Building Services discipline. Chartership appreciated.
* Experience in the design of mechanical building services systems from concept to commissioning and hand over.
* Experience in design management and coordination of building projects.
* Solid Technical knowledge of building design and construction
* Experience of working to RIBA plan of work and BSRIA.
* Experienced in buildings standards, CIBSE and engineering procedures in the UK.
* Accuracy, tenacity, diplomacy, results-oriented.
* Acknowledged organisational skills.
* Excellent communication/interpersonal skills/team working.
* Ability to work independently and be proactive.
* Discretion, ability to maintain confidentiality when dealing with sensitive information.
* Experience in nuclear industry advantageous but not essential.
* Awareness RCC-M and RCC-E codes advantageous but not essential.
* Experience of Equipment Qualification to external hazards advantageous but not essential.