Up to £27000 per annum
Vital Bristol Technology
8 months ago
Our client is an integrated facilities management services who provide the solutions, support, and facilities management services and they are looking for a Building Services Engineer to cover sites across South London.
To support the account in the completion of a wide range of planned maintenance activities. Responsible for assisting or carrying out technical routine maintenance and/or minor repairs in a range of disciplines, including but not limited to electrical, mechanical, buildings and civils, Legionella control and escorting.
You'll be responsible for ensuring that all maintenance activities are carried out safely and securely, and in line with company policies and procedures and current health and safety legislation.
Support the Planned maintenance team in the completion of a wide range of planned maintenance activities in accordance with site and company rules, procedures and Safe Systems of Work.
These activities include but are not limited to the following:
- Carry out routine checks and temperature monitoring of water systems (where applicable)
- Record readings and produce defect reports on the results
- Carry out routine functional RCD testing, periodic emergency light testing and inspecting of any electrical equipment as per plan
- Perform round routes, filter changes and greasing/oiling of plant and equipment
Condition Based Monitoring
- Perform activities using different technologies (including but not limited to thermo-graphic camera and vibration analysis equipment) and collection of data for analysis, where applicable
- Escorting of sub-contractors/ personnel who require escorting in order to complete their activities
- Complete and maintain records and paperwork in support of the above activities.
- Ensure that all work is completed in a safe manner, in accordance with Safe Operating Procedures or Safe Systems, that good housekeeping and working practices are employed and that you represent the client in a professional manner at all times
- To assist with ensuring all statutory tasks are completed and documentation is kept on file
Whilst specific qualifications are not required for this position, an understanding of the facilities services industry would be advantageous and a basic appreciation of building services is essential.
- Technical expertise, qualifications or apprenticeship in a craft skill or engineering discipline (Desired)
- Knowledge of key operational procedures e.g. time sheets, planned maintenance systems, Quality and Health & Safety.
- Experience of positively dealing with the resolution of customer problems within specific contracts.
- Smart, presentable appearance
- Personable and approachable
- Good communication skills
- Literate and numerate
- Flexible and adaptable
- A team player with the ability to work from their own initiative
- Excellent organisation and influencing skill
- Ability to multi task and prioritise
- Must be able to work on own initiative
- Vehicle provided and travel within the area of responsibility
- Call-out rota (if applicable)
- Willingness to carry out tasks Out of hours
- Working 40 hours a week, Monday to Friday between 08:00 to 17:00
If you do not hear from us within seven days, then your application has not been successful on this occasion. We may however keep your details on file for any suitable future vacancies and contact you accordingly.