Up to £29.77 per hour + Ltd Co rate
7 months ago
6 Months +
Building Inspection Engineer
To manage the building audit & inspection tasks as delegated by the Engineering Manager (Buildings).
Support the Engineering Manager (Buildings) with respect to short-term and medium term plans for building management within Portsmouth Naval Base
- Produce feasibility assessments and reports to require standard.
- Supporting the Engineering Manager (Buildings) and Senior Structural Engineer with regards Management reporting / Material State communication.
- Assist project teams to ensure that projects are completed on time, within budget and to the required quality.
- Attend design reviews and other peer review meetings as required.
- Inspect and report on construction site matters.
- Advise on repair solutions to day to day engineering problems
- Carry out and process dimensional laser surveys
- Develop and maintain an understanding of the condition of the assets across the estate
- Establish and maintain relations with Estates Survey and Operations and Maintenance teams
- Ensure continuous improvement with regards to developing skills which improve and enhance the business capability
- Ensure compliance with CDM regulations for all projects / activities within scope of the Department
Functional Knowledge (Requirements for knowledge of functional work and activities)
- Have an HND or comparable practical experience in Building/construction/civil engineering discipline.
- Good understanding and experience within building / infrastructure management.
- Competent to undertake structural condition surveys of building structures and to survey existing building structures to enable a structural design assessment to be undertaken.
- Knowledge and experience in Building Regulations and appropriate legislation
- Competent knowledge in building construction technology and building pathology.
- Knowledge and experience in the use of laser survey equipment
- Preparation of reports, repair schedules, correspondence and emails using Windows, MS Word, Excel and PowerPoin