Manchester, Greater Manchester
£35.00 - £40.00 per hour
7 days ago
Bridge / Civil Structural Engineer
Competent and enthusiastic bridge/ civil structural engineer with a very strong technical background.
Experience of delivering highways bridges and structures projects, familiar with best practice bridge/civil structural design, assessment and analysis methods, associated codes of practice and approval processes.
Description of Duties:
* Independently produce and manage production of engineering deliverables such as calculations, drawings, specifications and reports for bridge/civil structural work for transportation infrastructure
* Preparing technical reports, fee proposals, bids, budgets, resource levels and all associated HSE, CDM and QA aspects.
* Attend and chair design meetings, site meetings and carry out site inspections.
* Takes responsibility for ensuring all projects are completed in a timely and cost effective way.
* Demonstrates good written communication skills and able to explain their work confidently to internal and external colleagues
* Providing technical guidance to others.
* Effective communication with other disciplines and construction teams.
* Confident and authoritative in front of clients.
Minimum BEng Civil or Structural Engineering plus Chartership with ICE or IStructE.
Full knowledge of overseeing organisation's DMRB and MCHW.
Good knowledge of CDM and health and safety legislation and competent in exercising the designer's obligations of CDM as a minimum.