Billingham, County Durham
£25.00 - £30.00 per hour
21 days ago
We are currently recruiting for a Bridge Engineer/Inspector, to work on a highways tunnel/bridge project, based in Billingham, Teesside.
The team provides technical support for the inspection and maintenance of approximately 220 highway structures, including multi-span viaducts, bridges, culverts, sign gantries, masts and retaining structures.
- Plan and carry out principal, general and special inspections of highway bridges and other structures.
- Prepare detailed inspection and condition reports within Highways England's Structures Management Information System (SMIS).
- Recommend assessment, maintenance and repair activities for existing structures.
- Carry out risk assessments and produce method statements/safe work plans.
- Assist the Bridge Manager with day to day activities, such as the management of abnormal load movements and incident response.
- A relevant degree, HND of HNC in civil engineering or related discipline.
- Shall have attained, or be working towards, CEng, IEng or EngTech status with an appropriate professional institution. Support will be provided in progressing towards professional qualifications.
Specific Skills Required (mandatory)
- Experience delivering to quality, time and budget.
- A proactive approach to health and safety.
- Good communication skills.
- A good command of oral and written English.
- A current UK driving licence.
- Familiarity with the Manual of Contract Documents for Highway Works and the Design manual for Roads and Bridges.
- Relevant experience in the inspection, monitoring, assessment or design of road/rail bridges and related transportation structures.
Whilst not essential any of the following skills would be desirable:
- Familiarity with Highways England's Structures Management Information System (SMIS) (full training will be provided if not)
- AutoCad experience
- NEBOSH certification (this will be supported if not)
- CSCS Card holder (this will be facilitated if not)
- Training and experience in confined space access and operation of mobile elevated work platforms (MEWPs) (full training will be provided if not)
- Enrolment on the Bridge Inspector Certification Scheme (NHSS31) (this will be supported if not)
The work will include several weeks per year working night shift.
To apply for the Bridge Engineer/Inspector role please send your CV and contact details via this advert.