Leeds, West Yorkshire
£32.00 - £34.00 per hour
9 days ago
4 months +
As part of a team of Engineers and Inspectors, the Engineer provides an important role within the Bridges Team providing support to the Senior Bridge Engineer and to the Senior Bridge Inspector and supporting the implementation of the asset strategy for the Trust. The person will be an engineer with good or growing knowledge of bridges.
* Respond to planning application enquiries.
* Review/Asses Abnormal Load Vehicle notifications.
* Respond to enquiries from internal and external customers.
* Contribute technical advice to regional engineering teams as required.
* Undertake assessment of structures in line with current assessment codes and procedures.
* Assist with the undertaking of Principal Inspections of Public Road Bridges, ensuring that they are completed to plan, approved and recorded in the prescribed format, to the prescribed quality.
* Displaying the Trust values and behaviours at all times.
Knowledge, Experience & Skills:
* Professional qualification in a relevant technical discipline, i.e. Degree or HND in Civil Engineering.
* Demonstrate comprehensive relevant experience.
* Proven experience of inspecting / delivering engineering activities.
* Ideally knowledge and understanding of historic infrastructure.
* Able to provide a good standard of written communication and proven ability to present technical data to non-technical audiences.
* Evidence of Continuous Professional Development.