New Job | Bookkeeper | up to £24k per annum | Permanent | Preston
Morson are working with a Preston based Accountancy Practice looking to welcome a Bookkeeper to their growing business.
This role is perfect for a bookkeeper with cloud accounting experience, good client relations and excellent communication skills.
Due to the nature of cloud accounting, this role has the capacity to be a hybrid working position, giving flexibility for both home and office working.
This is an exciting opportunity for the right person, so don’t waste time – APPLY NOW.
The Bookkeeper role will include duties such as:
- Posting of bank payments and receipts (manually and from bank feeds)
- Posting of purchase invoices and sales invoices
- Reconciliation of bank accounts
- Training clients on accounting software
- Preparation of Quarterly VAT returns and submissions
- Reviewing clients’ work, such as bookkeeping entries and VAT returns and answering clients’ queries.
- Answer client bookkeeping and VAT queries
- Process CIS VAT reverse charge transactions
What we are looking for –
- At least four years+ bookkeeping/ accounting experience
- Someone with excellent communication skills
- Good problem solving
- Good technical knowledge of VAT
- Someone who is able to work independently and be able to use their own initiative
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Excel
- Proficiency in at least two accounts software packages such as Sage 50, Sage Business Cloud (Sage One), Xero, QuickBooks or FreeAgent
You will also be expected to keep up to date with HMRC, VAT, and other relevant regulations as well as new releases within cloud software.
Location: Preston / Remote , free parking
Salary: Up to £24,000 per annum + Benefits
To be considered for this fantastic opportunity, you must APPLY NOW, making sure to attach your up-to-date CV.
*Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an initial telephone interview.