Up to £30.00 per annum
4 months ago
Morson are currently recruiting for a BIIS (Boat in Service Support) Lead Engineer to work for one of our major Defence clients.
* The management of the BISS Engineering Output
* The management of Post Design Services (PDS) tasking (acceptance and tracking of tasking)
* PDS growth and customer engagement activities (including customer meetings and proposing new work).
* Deliver Class Lead activities including, obsolescence, configuration control and reliability monitoring.
* Peer Review and approval of engineering work.
* Engage in drafting, vetting and editing technical reports or other documents relevant to, or required by, a task in order to ensure that technical findings can be successfully communicated with recipients
* Maintain accurate records of all design related work in accordance with relevant extant procedures to ensure a complete design record of work undertaken
* Participate in the preparation and submission of technical proposals and Statements of Work as required to support the PDS tasking.
* Provide sound estimates for PDS work.
* Application of Governance process with agreement of BGEM and in accordance with Engineering Management Plan, inc. Design Certification as applicable.
* Application of Product Safety Practices.
* Ensure that work is undertaken in accordance with Company, Safety, Environmental, contractual and local business processes, standards, procedures and documentation
* Conduct all activities in a professional manner delivering design solutions to agreed time, cost and quality to meet project or business milestones.
Participate in a wide range of activities to support in service vessels including, detailed
* Chartered Engineer (desirable)
* Normally qualified to a minimum of BEng degree level (or HND/HNC with relevant experience) in marine engineering, Naval Architecture, small craft design, marine technology or mechanical.
* Demonstrable knowledge and, ideally, experience in a number of the following:
o Leading engineering projects.
o Small Craft design standards and processes (IMO, MCA, ISO, DefStan, Classification Rules)
o Significant knowledge of Small Craft Specification, Design, Development, Integration and Acceptance, able to appreciate the breadth of disciplines required and how the sub-system interfaces are defines and managed.
o Good knowledge of safety requirements and processes, legislative regulations and the Design Certification process
o Knowledge and experience of Lifecycle Management, Risk Analysis and Management, Reliability, Maintainability and Logistics.
o Requirements Capture.
o 2D or 3D modelling experience (CAD software such as AutoCAD, NX)
o Engineering material selection and use, particularly according to British Standards/ Euronorms/ Classification Society standards and Defence Standards
o Knowledge of commercial and/or military small craft.
Awareness of Product Safety and SHE and the participation in HAZIDs.