4 months ago
Your experience as BIM Manager will have an immediate impact on my client. They are looking for a Manager of Building Information Modelling (BIM) deliverables in support of Nuclear and Non-Nuclear Safety related facilities for Strategic Infrastructure projects.
The role of the BIM Manager requires a flexible approach as working practices change to meet the evolving demands of the digital construction revolution.
* At this stage of BIM development within, the role is to drive forward change management around digital ways of working and getting the most out of the data, technology, people, process and policies in order to deliver the outputs needed for collaborative construction.
* The candidate will be responsible for setting out the company strategy for continuous BIM advancement in order to provide design & construction innovation and collaboration.
* The successful BIM Manager will be a detail-orientated and conscientious professional, with a strong track record of leadership and project management.
* The candidate will have a proven UK track record, with evidence of delivering on large projects in the Structural Engineering industry as well as being a proficient technical draughtsman and fully conversant in BIM (BS1192).
* The BIM Manager's primary purpose is to develop and manage a strategy and development of suitable processes for all Building Information Modelling (BIM) related activities for both Strategic Infrastructure and the wider Engineering Services team.
* Approving, managing, supervising and developing various models and drawings of infrastructure and equipment for both Nuclear Safety Related and Non- Nuclear facilities.
* Providing professional advice in relation to BIM information requirements.
* Assist in the development of technical solutions to deficiencies or in the development of new designs.
* Provide Design Tool support for the development, construction, installation, commissioning, operation and maintenance of all facilities to ensure that they comply with the design intent and DNSP's for Nuclear related Works, together with all relevant Local and National Regulations and Legislation.
* Work with the PM/ Senior project leadership in translating design/technical design intent into the BIM model(s).
* Receive & Maintain information into the Information Model in compliance with agreed processes and procedures. Validate compliance with information requirements and advise on non-compliance.
* The Post Holder will provide technical support to the Digital Information Manager and other SI key stakeholders.
* The Provision of BIM training to the SI team.
* The post holder must be qualified to degree level or higher in a relevant discipline below, hold Engineering Council UK registration as a Chartered Engineer and be a Member of an accredited Institute.
* The Post Holder must demonstrate a level of competence that is equivalent to a Chartered Engineer level in engineering theory and provide examples of project and design deliverables. Preferably Nuclear & Dockyard related.
* The post holder must have completed YINC or NFC or NIC or equivalent.
* Have a good understanding of all relevant Industry Standards and Codes of Practice:
o All relevant statutory regulations
o All relevant Building, Civil Engineering and Road Transport Regulations
o Any and All local Planning and Building Regulations
* Be fully proficient in Revit, AutoCAD and Navisworks. Producing 3D drawings for civil & structural schemes
* Experience of detailing Structural Steel, Concrete, Masonry and Timber.
* Experience of coordinating a team of CAD Technicians.
* History of delivering on mid-large BIM projects.
Location - Plymouth
Keywords: Design, BIM, AutoCAD, Projects, Nuclear