£25.00 - £38.00 per hour
about 1 month ago
Morson are currently working with a client within the defence industry and require a BIM Creation Support Engineer to work on our clients site in Keynsham, Bristol. Further details below:
Ideal candidate will have:
- Experience architecting a BIM (Building Information Modelling) solution
- Able to capture and articulate user requirements
- Can write a business case to justify long term financial expenditure
- Understands the principles of project management
- Is capable of understanding data structures and exploitation paths
Tasks and responsibilities are:
- Coordinate the delivery of BIM tasks.
- Prepare templates for BIM models and drawing sheets.
- Monitor the project teams adherence to the BIM Execution Plan and provide guidance if necessary.
- Prepare the federated model.
- Execute clash detection and report appropriately.
- Manage and maintain the BIM model library.
- Communicate the BIM plan to the Task Teams.
- Accept reject information exchanges within the common data environment.
- Develop Levels of Definition (LOD) strategy.
- Prepare the volume strategy.
- Enable integration and co-ordination of information within the Information Model
You will also need to have experience in the following areas:
- Minimum 3 Years Design Experience.
- The post holder must be able to demonstrate relevant knowledge and skills required in the process of BIM throughout the design lifecycle.
- BS1192 BIM files naming conventions, status codes and revisions.
- Using a Common Data Environment (CDE) to follow the PAS1192-2 method of collaboration.
- Use of Autodesk Revit software to create BIM projects.
- Use of Autodesk Navisworks software to prepare and review federated models. Undertake clash detection.
- Design of civil engineering, structural engineering and architecture
Qualified to HNC in a relevant Engineering discipline and must have completed YINC or NFC or NIC or equivalent. Or hold a current waiver.
Recognising the RESTRICTED nature of the work, suitable candidates will be SC cleared or eligible for this level of clearance.