Trafford Park, Greater Manchester
12 months ago
This role will cover all aspects of proposal writing and bid management within a fast paced global team. We are looking for a team player that can fully support our Head of Bid Management and the established and successful bid team.
You will be required to produce innovative, professionally written bid and proposal content that clearly articulates our value proposition for both new and retained business.
Are you the #besttalent for this role?
You will be a strong tender/proposal/bid writer who has the ability to engage positively with all stakeholders with a proven bids or content writing experience, ideally in a professional services, construction, rail or recruitment firm. You will be responsible for planning and managing the bid from outset to closure, including writing detailed responses, coordinating price development with senior management and ensuring a fully compliant bid is submitted. The role will involve compiling and managing information from a number of different sources and stakeholders to produce a coherent response that reflects the key win themes.
Key attributes -
Stakeholder Engagement - Working Together: You will be able to develop effective relationships with key stakeholders to establish trust, credibility and respect. Working in a constructive and helpful way, offering advice, as appropriate to achieve bid milestones and deliverables. Working with the close knit bid team and internal stakeholders to ensure a compelling and compliant bid is produced.
Communicating Effectively: You will be able to communicate effectively both in writing and orally. You will have the ability to translate complex information including client requirements to produce professionally written bid content that clearly articulates our value proposition. You will be able to produce informative bid summaries to internal stakeholders in a way that is accessible and easily understood. You may need to influence and persuade stakeholders/customers to accept a particular way forward, sometimes dealing with resistance to the proposals. Reporting through agreed reporting lines on bid progress through our CRM system and bid stage reviews
Process and Compliance Observance: You will be able to effectively utilise the structured bid processes and techniques, to schedule, plan, track and review bid performance. You understand the bid approval and compliance process to ensure quality results are delivered continually. Where appropriate you can challenge accepted practices which may constrain the quality and timeliness of bid deliverables and implement acceptable solutions which meet the client and internal stakeholder needs. You will be able to conduct feedback reviews to understand how responsive the bid was to the client needs and how well the bid was managed (including lessons learned report, identification of any follow-on actions or recommendations as required).
Encouraging Innovation: You will challenge existing processes, introducing new approaches to improve the bid quality submissions, actively encouraging and supporting creativity in the already successful bid team. Having the ability to analyse the future impact of new ideas by taking a big picture approach you will also have the ability to anticipate, control and implement a process of change when necessary.
- Liaise with the BD/operational team to support pre-bid activity and to develop an understanding of the client pre-tender release and craft a win strategy
- Provide internal stakeholders with a thorough overview of the bid by undertaking an effective evaluation of bid opportunities and tender documents
- Lead the bid activities from the initial kick off/qualification meetings through to feedback and award
- Use effective project planning strategies to ensure that all information is received on time and is relevant to questions being asked within the bid
- Write content in a powerful way that reinforces the win themes of the bid
- Collate information from and communicate effectively with wide range of stakeholders, including account managers, operational staff and senior directors
- Ensure timely delivery of compliant bids across all sectors whilst following the bid process and managing the logistics at all stages of the process
- Ensure the bid is reviewed by the right people at the right milestones - incorporating APMP best practice
- Continually review and update the content library to ensure accurate material is being used at all times
- Work on multiple bids and projects at the same time, the ability to manage multiple workstreams is essential
Who we are looking for:
You will be a strong writer who has the ability to engage positively with all stakeholders
- Must be comfortable working in a fast paced environment with strong time management skills
- Minimum 1 years' experience in a professional bid environment is desirable
- Experience of managing multiple fast paced bids simultaneously; ideally within recruitment sector or similar industry
- Knowledge of the bidding process with a solid understanding of how to structure, compile and write a bid/tender response
- Strong, creative and persuasive writing style with proven skills in producing and editing winning proposal content, ideally with copywriting, editing and proof reading experience
- Word at an intermediate to advanced level is required
- Typically degree educated with a strong preference for individuals with a degree in English, communications, journalism or business related field
- Knowledge of the recruitment, professional services, engineering, rail, construction or power sector is desirable but not essential