Salford, Greater Manchester
about 1 month ago
Morson are the UK's leading technical recruitment agency, with 50 years' experience, a turnover in excess of £850 million and offices across the world, we supply engineers and technical expertise to some of the world's biggest brands.
Due to continued growth, we are looking for an experienced and ambitious Bid Writer to join our highly successful bid team. This is a varied and exciting role and will provide the successful candidate with an excellent scope for career development. Supporting bids and tenders from across all divisions of Morson, this role will cover all aspects of proposal writing and bid management. We are looking for a team player that can fully support our Head of Bid Management and the established Bid team.
As part of a busy team, you will be required to produce innovative, professionally-written bid and proposal content that clearly articulates our value proposition for both new and retained business. The role will involve compiling and managing information from a number of different sources and stakeholders to produce a coherent response that reflects the key themes and sales messages. Specific responsibilities include:
- Production of excellent bid and proposal content
- Assimilation of knowledge from a number of sources to be presented in a powerful way that reinforces the winning themes of the bid
- Ensuring timely delivery of compliant bids and proposals across all sectors
- Communicating effectively to collate information from a wide range of stakeholders, including Account Managers, Senior Directors, and other operational staff
- Using effective project planning strategies to ensure that all information is received on time and is relevant to questions being asked within the bid
- Liaising with the Business Development, Marketing, and Operational teams to support pre-bid activity and develop an understanding of the client pre-tender release
- Ensuing the bid is reviewed by the appropriate people at the right milestones, incorporating APMP best practice
- Continually reviewing and updating the content library to ensure accurate material is being used at all times
We are looking for someone with well-established communication skills, who is able to form effective relationships and engage positively with stakeholders at all levels. Ability to organise multiple tasks and prioritise workload to meet deadlines is required, as is a strong attention to detail, particularly when working under pressure and in a fast-paced environment. Knowledge of the bidding process, with a solid understanding of how to structure, compile, and write a bid/tender response is vital, as is experience of managing multiple fast-paced bid simultaneously. A strong, creative, and persuasive writing style is essential, along with proven skills in producing and editing winning proposal content (copywriting and proof-reading experience is also ideal). A degree-level education in English, Communications, Journalism, or Business-related field is strongly preferred. Knowledge of the recruitment, professional services, engineering, rail, or constructions sectors is desirable, but not essential.
Commitment and hard work is rewarded with a competitive salary, 26 days holiday (plus bank holidays), great benefits, an employee health and wellbeing programme, free onsite parking, and a free onsite gym. Our company culture is second-to-none, with a real family ethos and focus on looking after every single employee. You can read more about what it's like to work for Morson at www.morson.com/careers.
Morson International is an equal opportunities employer and respects diversity. In order to apply for this role, you must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
The Morson Group is committed to equal opportunities.
The Morson Group is signed up to the Jobcentre employment service's 'Disability Confident Scheme'. This means that any applicant considering themselves to have a disability and who meet the essential criteria for the job (see person specification) will be guaranteed an interview.
We are actively seeking to increase the diversity of our workforce to reflect the local community
Due to the number of applications we receive, it's not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.