Vital Bristol Technology
4 months ago
Our client is a multinational leader in providing state-of-the-art software-based Signalling, communication and control systems that enable the operation of trains in mainline and mass transit systems across the world. They are currently looking for a Bid writer to start on the 15th for approx. 6 months.
Produce professionally written proposal content that clearly articulates our technical and commercial offer to our customers. This is a role that requires strong team work and the ability to work under pressure and to demanding deadlines.
Proven skills in producing and editing proposal content within a complex business environment. The proposal writer will be experienced in leading story boarding sessions, coaching subject matter experts, participating in key review meetings / final document review, content sign off and document production.
- Develop and lead bid response strategy workshops aimed at designing structured, focused and coherent bid responses
- Identify strategic bid themes, value propositions and benefits statement for use in bid documents
- Lead storyboard sessions and reviews with bid team members and key stakeholders
- Proactively develop and manage a network of subject matter experts including the ability to coach writing best practice
- Assist the Bid manager in developing a proposal response structure
- Responsible for managing a bid library, ensuring all bid teams are aware of standard documentation available
- Deliver completed written proposal responses to the Bid Manager against agreed RFP deadlines, escalating issues as required
- Re-write / edit proposal responses from a variety of stakeholders, typically involving contributions from Technical, Project Delivery and Health, Safety and Environment teams.
- Strong time management / prioritisation skills
- Strong written English language skills with excellent attention to detail
- Strong collaboration skills
- Strong coaching and facilitation skills.
The Bid Writer will report to the Head of Bids and Tendering and will work with Bid Managers across the organisation
Degree educated with professional writing background.
Advanced MS Word skills & proficient in MS Office.
If you do not hear from us within seven days, then your application has not been successful on this occasion. We may however keep your details on file for any suitable future vacancies and contact you accordingly.