Manchester, Greater Manchester
£30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum
6 months ago
Due to continued growth, we are looking for an experienced and ambitious Bid Writer to join a highly successful bid team. This is a varied and exciting role and will provide the successful candidate with an excellent scope for career development. Supporting bids and tenders from across all divisions. The role will cover all aspects of proposal writing and bid management. We are looking for a team player that can fully support our Head of Bid Management and the established Bid team.
As part of a busy team, you will be required to produce innovative, professionally-written bid and proposal content that clearly articulates our value proposition for both new and retained business. The role will involve compiling and managing information from a number of different sources and stakeholders to produce a coherent response that reflects the key themes and sales messages.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Production of excellent bid and proposal content
- Assimilation of knowledge from a number of sources to be presented in a powerful way that reinforces the winning themes of the bid
- Ensuring timely delivery of compliant bids and proposals across all sectors
- Communicating effectively to collate information from a wide range of stakeholders, including Account Managers, Senior Directors, and other operational staff
- Using effective project planning strategies to ensure that all information is received on time and is relevant to questions being asked within the bid
- Liaising with the Business Development, Marketing, and Operational teams to support pre-bid activity and develop an understanding of the client pre-tender release
- Ensuing the bid is reviewed by the appropriate people at the right milestones, incorporating APMP best practice
- Continually reviewing and updating the content library to ensure accurate material is being used at all times
What we are looking for -
- An individual with well-established communication skills, who is able to form effective relationships and engage positively with stakeholders at all levels
- The ability to organise multiple tasks and prioritise workload to meet deadlines is required, as is a strong attention to detail, particularly when working under pressure and in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of the bidding process, with a solid understanding of how to structure, compile, and write a bid/tender response is vital, as is experience of managing multiple fast-paced bid simultaneously
- A strong, creative, and persuasive writing style is essential, along with proven skills in producing and editing winning proposal content (copy-writing and proof-reading experience is also ideal)
- A degree-level education in English, Communications, Journalism, or Business-related field is strongly preferred. Knowledge of the recruitment, professional services, engineering, rail, or constructions sectors is desirable, but not essential
Commitment and hard work is rewarded with a competitive salary, 26 days holiday (plus bank holidays), great benefits, an employee health and well being programme, free on-site parking, and a free on site gym.
The company culture is second-to-none, with a real family ethos and focus on looking after every single employee.