26 days ago
Bid Manager with a defence background is required by our client, a successful and growing company in Winfrith, Dorset to manage key competitive or single source bids and act as the focal point for all bid management activities within the division. ATLAS ELEKTRONIK UK together with its subsidiaries, is a technological leader in many sectors and has an excellent reputation and have unique and unrivalled domain knowledge in weapon handling, mine-hunting, naval weapons and combat systems. This role will be based on site with 1 or possibly 2 days/week remote working.
The Bid Manager is responsible for the generation and submission of high quality bids to clients, on time and within budget. The Bid Manager is to ensure that all the client's questions have been answered as fully as possible, and that the bid has the best possible chance of success.
For key competitive bids, tasks include:
- Inquiry screening.
- Generation of the opportunity capture plan in conjunction with the Product Manager.
- Analysis of the invitation to bid and updating of the capture plan.
- Preparation of a bid plan to check the feasibility of the bid preparation (work packages, deadlines, resources).
- Establishment of the bid team from the departments involved, assignment of tasks and definition of bid costs.
- Complete and transparent presentation of all risks which might result from the contract, including assessment and definition of measures to reduce/avoid such risks.
- Definition of requirements for negotiations with subcontractors and partners.
- Proposal Management and book planning
- Bid document preparation and bid writing.
- Preparation and execution of phase reviews.
- Management of the internal release process for bid approval.
- Bid submission on time and in due form.
- Contract negotiations.
The Bid Manager will be the focal point for all bid management activities within the Division.
For successful bids, the Bid Manager is also a key contributor during project initiation, and as such, is required to apply the fundamental project management principles and methodology to bids.
Knowledge, skills and personal qualities required
- Candidates should have achieved adequate recognition as a professional Bid Manager (in bidding, projects or sales) via a proven track record, with the ability to demonstrate competence in bid management disciplines via previous successful delivery of competitive bids.
- Knowledge and experience of a structured bid management process, e.g. the Shipley process.
- Membership of an appropriate and recognised professional institution, ideally of chartered status.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good organisational and leadership skills.
- Good commercial skills and awareness.
- Proficient in WORD and use of document configuration tools (e.g. SharePoint)
- Domain knowledge and track record relating to Industry/defence contracts in general, would be advantageous to applicants, but is not essential.
Recognising the RESTRICTED nature of the work, suitable candidates will be SC cleared or eligible for this level of clearance.