£50000.00 - £60000.00 per annum + bonus/benefits
6 months ago
Principal Purpose of the Position:
Our client operate in highly technical aerospace and outer space environments. Using some of the world's most sophisticated technologies, they meet the needs of a variety of commercial, government, scientific and security customers.
As a Bid Manager based in their Oxfordshire office, you will be in charge of specific bid management activities to ensure the successful delivery of a bid or a number of bids. It requires professional bid management capabilities to be applied - giving rigour to change control, commercial awareness and stakeholder management. The role is required to bring structure, clarity and governance to the process and discipline of bid management activities. It requires the successful management of the relationship with internal and external key UK and international customers. It requires the effective management of multi-disciplinary bid teams to deliver high quality business winning proposals. A requirement of the role is to apply strong business acumen and to maximise the company's position to secure new business.
Key Responsibilities and tasks
Undertake the activities that will ensure the successful deliver of the bid (or bids):
* Bring structure, clarity and governance to the process and discipline relating to bid management activities.
* Manage the preparation of prequalification response submissions to customers with the objective of securing an invitation to bid.
* Organise and run Bid Kick-Off meetings, providing bid management direction and engagement with the Bid Team
* Manage the creation of the bid deliverables and ensuring review and governance, leading to the creation of a high quality proposal.
* Work effectively with Capture Leader to generate win themes that link customer needs with defined benefits of the offering.
* Ensure that cost estimates / target budgets are provided with support of Systems Engineering / Product Management.
* Ensure that cost estimates are effectively reviewed to ensure competitive and winning pricing.
* Ensure that effective Gate Business Cases are prepared for specific opportunities.
* Support the Sales/Capture Lead in any customer negotiations and presentations.
* The role will also involve occasional ad-hoc duties that are not listed above but are necessary to respond to the needs of the business. These ad-hoc duties will be consistent with the nature of a management position within the business.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
Educated to degree level in a discipline that is compatible with the requirements of Bid Management
As a minimum Level C Professional accreditation with the Association for Project Management (or equivalent level of professional accreditation).
A demonstrable positive performance record in the following activities
* A proven track record of delivering successful bids in contexts relevant to the company.
* Working in a complex, multidisciplinary, multi-site organisation.
* Can demonstrate the ability to construct of solutions that meet the markets need both commercially and technically.
* Proven leadership skills, strong communication skills, planning and delivery orientation.
* Extensive client and stakeholder management
* Comprehensive understanding of generic processes and techniques used to schedule bid management activities.
* Comprehensive experience and understanding of the Bid Management process (including Change Control, Risk Management and Information Management).
* Comprehensive experience and knowledge of the bid life cycle
* Full business lifecycle management, including capture, qualification and developing capture plans and winning strategies
* Commercial / financial / business insight and able to exercise sound judgment.
* Positive attitude combined with excellent interpersonal and motivational skills
* Experience of working across boundaries, including knowledge of commercial management, finance functions.
* Has as a minimum a working knowledge of industry standard approaches to bid management (such as Shipley Capture Bench)
* Champion of change - encouraging others to follow.
Bid and Project experience in the Space industry is necessary for this role.
The following experience and attributes are also desirable for this position
* Awareness of Space Instruments, Mechanisms and Propulsion technology - A level of technical knowledge or awareness about chemical or electric propulsion systems would be highly desirable.
* A "strategic approach" to dealing with partners, clients and staff.
* Able to lead and contribute to process improvement initiatives.
Can demonstrate a positive example in relation to the Leadership Model
* Shape Solutions Out of Complexity
* Be Ambitious and Accountable
* Perform Through Co-operation
* Influence Key Stakeholders
* Manage Self
* Engage and Develop Teams
The job requires a flexible and "can do" approach to perform effectively in a fast changing business growth environment.
The job requires the ability to work in a multi-site capacity. There will be a main location but travel is required within the UK and overseas (mainly within Europe.) A driver's licence that is valid in the UK is required for this position.
Interested? Please send your CV or call me on 0161 707 1516