10 months ago
Bid Manager with extensive defence industry experience required to be responsible for the generation and submission of high quality proposals to potential clients, on time and within budget.
The Bid Manager is to ensure that all of the clients questions and requirements have been answered as fully as possible and the bid has the best possible chance of success.
The Bid Manager will be responsible for the preparation of proposals for designated specific opportunities. For key competitive bids, tasks include:
* Generation of the opportunity capture plan in conjunction with the relevant Account Manager.
* Analysis of the invitation to bid and updating of the capture plan.
* Preparation of a bid plan to check the feasibility of the bid preparation (work packages, deadlines, resources).
* Working with the relevant Account Manager to establish the bid team from within the business, assignment of tasks and definition of bid costs.
* Complete and transparent presentation of all risks which might result from the contract, including assessment and definition of measures to reduce/avoid such risks.
* Definition of requirements for negotiations with subcontractors and partners.
* Producing and editing bid response documents, ensuring each bid is positioned correctly and with clear win themes and messages to maximise success rates.
* Ensuring the bid document is compelling, well-written, attractive and accurate.
* Working with the relevant Account Manager on the preparation and execution of sales process phase reviews.
* Management of the internal release process for bid approval.
* Liaising with Legal and Commercial departments to develop solution in line with company principles
The Bid Manager will be the focal point for all bid management activities within the Division.
Knowledge, skills and personal qualities required:
* Candidates should have achieved adequate recognition as a professional business manager (in bidding, projects or sales) via a proven track record, with the ability to demonstrate competence in bid management disciplines via previous successful delivery of competitive bids.
* Knowledge and experience of a structured bid management process, e.g. the Shipley process.
* Ability to think strategically.
* Highly competent in MS Office software, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and relevant tools such as MS Project, Visio, etc.
* Excellent creative writing, marketing and verbal communication skills
* Good organisational and leadership skills.
* Good commercial skills and awareness.
* Domain knowledge and track record relating to research in the underwater battlespace and defence contracts in general, would be advantageous but is not essential.
Recognising the RESTRICTED nature of the work, suitable candidates will be SC cleared or eligible for this level of clearance.