16 days ago
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The Marshall Bid Manager's main objective is to ensure the delivery of 2 "capable of execution" bids for the pricing of the period 2 of the program. These two bids have to be delivered no later than September 2019 with some elements shared with the customer earlier. One, BID A, is an update of the 2014 offer with same requirements. The other, BID B, is intended to deliver an increased value for money to the customer, by change of scope, rationalisation & increased maintenance footprint, identification of new solution elements.
The two bids shall be subject to a set of reviews and approval gates before being communicated to the customer. The jobholder will ensure it is managed in an efficient way.
The 2 bids shall improve the profitability position of the programme compared to the current situation. The jobholder will conduct the process & reviews in order to achieve it without degrading robustness of the costing.
RESPONSIBILITIES (Key accountabilities and responsibilities)
The Marshall Bid Manager is responsible for:
* analysing the customer's needs and internal governance to propose staffing, schedule and bid deliverables.
* Supporting the capture leader to identify critical items for competitiveness and value for money.
CONDUCT OF BIDS
* The definition of the bid plan, bid WBS, assigning work packages and organising of the bid set-up process, producing the schedule, ensuring overall consistency and adequacy of resources.
* Implementing trackers, change process and reviews to ensure the Bid Team is working on a consistent baseline and a clear costing methodology.
* Managing the Bid Team with clear objectives and guidelines on costs and production targets.
* Controlling production of the technical bid, ensuring that resources are adequate and ensuring that the project procedure is followed.
* Ensuring that risks and mitigation plans have been built and reviewed for all functions (engineering, solution, finance , legal purchasing …)
* Ensuring that the overall bid is validated by appropriate (authorized) management in application of governance memos
* Ensuring that the bid budget is controlled with the concern of optimising costs and efforts allocated.
* Presenting the bid to the customer. This includes helping the customer to fully understand the pricing, operating model and the compliance as proposed in the bids.
* Implementing evolution in requirements that will be captured during the bid duration
* Ensuring that lessons learnt are implemented
* Implementing capitalisation of knowledge created during the preparation of the bid, to facilitate a smooth transition to execution or to further discussion with the customer on the repricing of period 2.
* Simplifying offer and costing so that it is easily reusable for further evolution/repricing of Marshall
* Conducting oneself in a professional manner when in the presence of the Company customers, as well as in the day-to-day relations with work peers and Company management , always applying ethics rules and safety recommendations .
* To define the appropriate strategy to deliver attractive bids
* To ensure that the technical and financial content of submissions by the Company to the Company's Customers are in compliance with both the Customer's requirements and Company Management's requirements/directives and always maximise the Company's chances of success.
* To challenge areas where costing can be improved
The Bid Manager works very closely with the following functions: Commercial, Engineering, Service Architects, Service Operation, Finance… and also to a certain point with Thales and NATS .
GENERAL / SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS
Assist in ensuring a harmonious work environment.
Comply with all relevant company Occupational Health, Safety and Environmental policies and framework and work practices with the intent of preventing or minimising accidental exposures to self, colleagues, visitors and/or the environment and to ensure a safe work practises at all times.
Comply with all relevant Company policies and procedures.
Responsible for bid budget.
Responsible for implementing a comprehensive bid management process
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
* Engineering Degree or Business Schools
* Experience of infrastructure services in Defence, IT, Telco's or ATM.
* A strong background in bid management.
* Experience working with Administration or MOD
* Demonstrated can do attitude with a clear understanding of schedule adherence