4 months ago
ATLAS ELEKTRONIK UK develop, supply and support cutting-edge maritime technology for customers worldwide. Based in Winfrith, Dorset, they work closely with the UK Royal Navy to create products which protect lives at sea. They have unique and unrivalled domain knowledge in weapon handling, mine-hunting, naval weapons and combat systems.
Due to continued expansion and success we are currently looking to recruit a Bid Manager to join the submarine division in this newly created role.
The Bid Manager is responsible for the generation and submission of high quality bids to clients, on time and within budget. The Bid Manager is to ensure that all the clients questions have been answered as fully as possible, and that the bid has the best possible chance of success.
For key competitive bids, tasks include:
- Inquiry screening.
- Generation of the opportunity capture plan in conjunction with the Product Manager.
- Analysis of the invitation to bid and updating of the capture plan.
- Preparation of a bid plan to check the feasibility of the bid preparation (work packages, deadlines, resources).
- Establishment of the bid team from the departments involved, assignment of tasks and definition of bid costs.
- Complete and transparent presentation of all risks which might result from the contract, including assessment and definition of measures
- to reduce/avoid such risks.
- Definition of requirements for negotiations with subcontractors and partners.
- Proposal Management and book planning
- Bid document preparation and bid writing.
- Preparation and execution of phase reviews.
- Management of the internal release process for bid approval.
- Bid submission on time and in due form.
- Contract negotiations.
The Bid Manager within Submarine Division will be the focal point for all bid management activities within the Division.
For successful bids, the Bid Manager is also a key contributor during project initiation, and as such, is required to apply the fundamental project management principles and methodology to bids.
Knowledge, skills and personal qualities required
- Candidates should have achieved adequate recognition as a professional Bid Manager (in bidding, projects or sales) via a proven track record, with the ability to demonstrate competence in bid management disciplines via previous successful delivery of competitive bids.
- Knowledge and experience of a structured bid management process, e.g. the Shipley process.
- Membership of an appropriate and recognised professional institution, ideally of chartered status.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good organisational and leadership skills.
- Good commercial skills and awareness.
- Proficient in WORD and use of document configuration tools (e.g. SharePoint)
- Domain knowledge and track record relating to Industry/defence contracts in general, would be advantageous to applicants, but is not essential.
- Within the business the Bid Manager is responsible to the Head of Sales in all matters relating to successful bid management.
- The Bid Manager sets and supervises the corresponding goals and targets for the bid team and initiates measures to reach those goals.
- Highly motivated, enthusiastic and delivery focused
- Innovative and prepared to challenge conventional thinking
- Tenacity and determination with desire to deliver outputs and results
- Team player and leader
- Confident and enthusiastic
- Excellent communication skills oral and written
- Ability to articulate ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences
The successful candidate must be able to achieve full SC (Security Clearance).