York, North Yorkshire
Up to £0.00 per annum
Rail Technical Team
26 days ago
Job Title: Bid Engineer,
Working closely with all disciplines within the Bids and Tendering department and the wider business, to ensure delivery of high quality, consistent winning bids, and effectively mobilising these to the project delivery team.
The Bids and Tendering function is a centralised bidding team that is responsible for the delivery of all bids, ensuring appropriate levels of governance and accuracy is applied to a winning strategy.
What are my responsibilities?
- Support the creation of winning tenders through full bid lifecycle from Bid/No-Bid through to customer negotiation and Contract Award, for bids ranging in value from £100k up to £50+m.
- Support the definition and implementation of a winning bid strategy ensuring a breakdown of tender requirements and assist with the coordination of all technical aspects of the estimation and proposal creation process
- Preparation and coordination of engineering tender documentation ensuring high levels of consistency and quality, that adequately captures our offer, provides an accurate baseline for a future project, incorporates lessons learned, and mitigates company risks
- The development of contract specific specifications and documents to support the bids and tendering department
- Support the preparation of all review meeting materials and coordination of the close-out of all actions.
- Ensuring that the technical aspects of bids and tenders are delivered within time, to specification
- Produce system solutions, supported where necessary with estimate calculations, that comply with the contract specification
- Propose cost-effective system architectures and implementation methodologies to help improve safety, reliability and throughput
- To ensure the bid meets customer specifications, safety regulations and design standards
- Supporting the business leads in pre and post bid submission negotiations with the client encompassing technical, financial and commercial considerations
- Support the production and delivery of presentations (internal and external to the client) up to Senior management Level
- Responsible for transferring knowledge from the tendering team to the Delivery team, verifying the tender and achieving scope stability and handover to Delivery
- Assist in improving company processes and standards within the Bids and Tendering Department
- Assist Bid Manager in bid preparation and support during client negotiations
- Provide office based technical back-up and support to Bid Managers
- Ensure that timely communication of all internal reports is met
- Ensure that Business Management System processes are adhered to
- Ensure early and continuous integration of the Purchasing function into the project
What do I need to qualify for this role?
- Experience in an Engineering company
- Significant general signalling knowledge
- An understanding, preferably with experience, of the way in which railway projects are managed and delivered in order to influence, monitor and challenge every aspect of the bid i.e, engineering, planning and project implementation.
- A good understanding, preferably with experience, of the way in which railway-signalling projects are managed and delivered in order to influence, monitor and challenge every aspect of the bid i.e, engineering, planning and project implementation
- Degree qualified (or equivalent) in a business or technically related disciplines
- Commercially astute, whilst dealing with technical issues with a client
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written.
- A pro-active individual with high energy levels, who is used to working under pressure and to tight/challenging deadlines.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word/Excel/PowerPoint/Visio.
- Background in railway Engineering, desirable
- Technical background in railway signalling