£35000.00 - £40000.00 per annum
5 months ago
The Bid Coordinator / Bid Writer will report to the Head of Major Bids and be responsible for the following:
* Supporting the activities of bid teams, from PQQ through to tender submission, for competitive, high value technical engineering bids.
* Coordinating and contributing to the preparation of technical tender documentation to customers.
* Producing templates within technical drawing software such as AutoCAD, for consistency throughout response documents.
* Managing technical teams, daily stand up meetings, action items, graphics, and schedule adherence activities.
* Providing direction and advice to technical teams from an understanding of both bidding and engineering principles.
* Undertaking proposal development and edits using Adobe InDesign.
* Applying the company business winning process.
* Managing day to day tender specific tasks.
* Coordinating the tender documentation and bid library using SharePoint, ensuring documentation is version controlled from, kick off to the production of proposal collateral.
* Point of contact when Bid management Team are unavailable.
Required Skills and Experience / Qualifications
* Significant first-hand experience in major (>£25M) competitive bids and proposal co-ordination is essential.
* The successful candidate will have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Proficient with SharePoint and able to manage multiple SharePoint sites.
* Strong organisational skills essential.
* Highly motivated and reliable.
* A good and confident team member, comfortable working under pressure.
* Ability to be flexible to support tender time frames.
* Ability to work across disciplines and Business Units and obtain sufficient knowledge of the technical issues to be able to talk confidently to teams of specialists and other internal Stakeholders.
* Familiarity with the Shipley Associates bidding methodology, or equivalent, is essential.
* Professional accreditation in the APM and/or APMP would be desirable or equivalent
Successful candidates will need to satisfy Ministry of Defence security requirements and may be required to complete a medical assessment.