Up to £14.15 per hour
about 1 month ago
Bid Coordinator; £14.15/hr PAYE plus hols; Bristol; 12 month contract
Our client is looking for a Bid Coordinator to operate within the context of the Bid Group and supports the entire bid lifecycle, from the initial decision by the business to pursue an opportunity (gate 0), through the bid generation phase and through to handover to projects (after gate 3). It is an excellent opportunity to join a growing bid team and contribute to developing the business.
The role supports the Bids Group Manager primarily in four key areas:
1. Maintaining the bid tracker tool - ensuring all opportunities are accurately reported and updated, including ensuring gate review dates are captured, bid submissions are logged, order forecast dates are updated, bid spend is captured, etc.
2. Supporting the organisation of gate reviews - scheduling gate reviews, ensuring the correct attendees are invited and material is disseminated in a timely manner.
3. Supporting the bid team with maintaining configuration control of bid folders, related information and bid governance documentation.
4. Supporting the Bids Group Manager in implementing bid process improvement initiatives across all areas of the bid lifecycle.
The role will require engagement with all stakeholders involved in the bid process and a detailed understanding of the bid process. Diligence, thoroughness and attention to detail are key attributes needed for this role.
* Bids Group Manager
* Bid Managers
* Resource Analyst
* Capture Leads
* Engineering community
(this is not an exhaustive list)
Key Responsibilities and tasks
This will typically include (but is not limited to) the following:
- Maintaining an up to date bid tracker tool, ensuring forecast and completed gate reviews are captured, details are regularly updated and available.
- Liaising with all stakeholders to gather the information required to update the bid tracker tool.
- Building up a database of historic bid data to help inform future bidding.
Gate reviews and bid governance
- Scheduling gate reviews in line with governance guidelines
- Ensuring that gate review material is disseminated in a timely manner
- Acting as gate keeper to ensure gate reviews are only scheduled if all governance requirements have been met
- Logging details of gate reviews in the bid tracker tool
- Where appropriate, capturing key actions from the gate and ensuring these are closed out
- Assisting bid managers and project controllers with the transition from bids to projects.
- Collation and storage of bid artefacts, ensuring document configuration is maintained
- Liaising with key stakeholders to ensure that configuration control is enforced across the data used to populate various tools, including ensuring the bid tracker is aligned with the order forecast and resource forecast.
- Supporting the Bids Group Manager with key improvement initiatives, such as (but not limited to) creating bid dashboards, creating templates to support the bid process, estimating process, etc.
- Supporting lessons learned sessions and feeding these into existing processes
The role will also involve occasional ad-hoc duties that are not listed above but are necessary to respond to the needs of the business. These ad-hoc duties will be consistent of a role within the bid team.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
Educated to a minimum of A level standard in subjects with clear relevance to the bid support requirements.
A demonstrable positive performance record in the following activities
* Accuracy of reporting and the ability to present data in a clear, summarised fashion at a level appropriate to the needs of the particular task and audience.
* Excellent attention to detail.
* Excellent organisational skills
* Good communication skills.
* A positive attitude combined with excellent interpersonal skills.
* The ability to manage conflicting deadlines and priorities.
* The ability to operate across organisational boundaries - in a matrix-style organisation.
* The ability to be flexible and provide a helpful, positive approach to the requirements of the role.
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, such as Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Visio.
The following experience and attributes are also desirable for this position
* Excel programming, and complex data manipulation.
* General experience of gate processes
* Familiarity with Bid review processes
The job requires a flexible and "can do" approach to perform effectively in a fast changing business growth environment.
This will require the ability to maintain constructive relationships with both internal and external parties, whatever the criticality or complexity of topics to be addressed.
It will also require the demonstration of behaviours that contribute to an agile and collaborative operating model, "One International Company"
The job may require the ability to work in a multi-site capacity where some travel between sites in the UK would be required. A driver's licence that is valid in the UK is required for this position.
Morson is acting as a recruitment business in relation to this vacancy