North West England, England
7 months ago
3 months initially
Our client is an NHS Trust who is seeking to recruit a dynamic Business Intelligence Developer to support the Data Warehouse function and delivery within the Data Warehouse Team. The Trust has constantly evolving information requirements and demand for data to support its agenda, this includes information to support local service delivery within divisions and also nationally mandated submissions.
The post holder will have prime responsibility for developing new and supporting existing information flows from source systems to the Data Warehouse. The Business Intelligence Developer will be expected to develop excellent working relationships with Information, Finance and ICT colleagues, promoting the proactive use of the Data Warehouse and ensuring the Divisional Analysts has the data it requires to meet all external and internal reporting requirements.
Key Technical Skills
* Building full ETL solutions from front end systems to Data Warehouse minimum Data sets.
* Full BI development stack including SSIS, SSRS and SSAS for all SQL server versions 2012/14/16/17.
* Writing TSQL scripts and knowledge of all commands.
* Knowledge of key NHS data sets and experience working in a Data Warehouse/Information team.
* Can follow an RFC (request for change) process to deliver any Data Warehouse changes.
* SQL server Database management and maintenance including SQL server Agent, bug fixing, performance tuning and security.
* Create and maintain database views, tables, SPs, jobs, linked servers, permissions.
* Map and transform raw system data to meaningful BI reporting data sets.
* Building and maintaining indexes, keys on tables.
* Build ETL solutions which can extract data from a variety of source systems including flat files, csv, linked servers, oracle servers, other sql server instances.
* Bug and Error handling for ETL solutions.
* Build transformation TSQL scripts which can transform and map raw data to existing minimum data sets.
* Build and schedule SQL server agent jobs.
* Grant access to tables via windows AD groups, AD accounts or sql authentication.
* Design, build and deploy minimum data set solutions.
* Restart SQL server services via RDP.
* Testing and validating TSQL, SSIS, SPs for ETL solutions.
* Writing and maintaining documentation.
* Identifying DQ issues.
* SQL server DBA skills including performance tuning, indexing, updating statistics and restoring databases.
Please note that this role has an emphasis on the ETL, database. data side rather than on the reporting side of the BI stack.