£50000.00 - £55000.00 per annum + + Benefits
about 1 month ago
I am exclusively partnering with a large Distribution company to help them recruit a Benefits & Payroll Manager. This newly created role will work as part of the HR team, reporting into the Head of HR and will lead a team of 5. The role is to be based near Chester and can be recruited on a part time or full time basis. This role is paying a base salary of £50,000-£55,000 pa + benefits.
As the benefits & payroll manager you will be the subject matter expert solely responsible for developing & implementing a new flexible benefits strategy across the business. The role will also have accountability for overseeing the payroll function from a strategic perspective but will not be involved in the day to day payroll operations.
The successful applicant will coordinate all UK insurance renewals such as Life Assurance, PHI, and Income Protection. They will manage the relationship with the pension provider and discuss ways to better manage the fund.
Key Projects & Accountability:
- Lead the benefits project which will include liaising with internal stakeholders within the People Teams and keeping key stakeholders up to date with regular reporting and communications. External stakeholders such as suppliers, relevant agencies and HMRC to ensure all schemes are set up correctly and are compliant.
- Demonstrate a structured and documented approach to your work, in the meetings that you hold, the projects that you run and the way you manage your service.
- Hold monthly formal stakeholder meetings with divisional senior teams to review KPI data and gain feedback on their payroll service.
- Work with our internal audit team as well as external auditors as required. Provide requested data and reporting as required as part of the audit and for annual reporting as required by the Company Secretary.
- Be responsible for the efficient running and regular review of our pension schemes. Ensure our pensions schemes are operating efficiently and provide value for money to our colleagues and ensure systems are kept up to date for audit and reporting purposes.
- Responsible for new and existing SAYE schemes, how they are set up, liaison with our supplier and ensuring schemes run effectively and regular supplier and scheme reviews are put in place.
- Be a source of expertise on current pay and benefits legislation and ensure the payroll team are trained and updated to ensure they have the most recent information and knowledge.
- Work closely with other key stakeholders across the organisation to ensure we are offering the right benefits to attract the best talent and our employee value proposition remains attractive and ahead of the game.
- Accountable for regular payroll service reporting including error reporting and KPIs which are tracked by the period depending upon the payroll. We are also just about to launch a brand-new payroll ticket management system which will greatly assist in KPI reporting
- Be able to confidently liaise with all levels of the organisation concisely.
- Build relationships quickly, with an appreciation for the style and best working practices of others.
- Be resilient to a fast faced, often challenging (in a good way!) environment, not afraid of change and being able to think quickly and deal with issues and problems confidently and calmly as they arise.
- Be a leader rather than looking to others to lead. Work well under pressure and delegate tasks clearly to your team.
- Be methodical and able to plan your approach to a project or piece of work and be able to demonstrate this to others who work with you.
- Ability to handle and prioritise multiple tasks and meet all deadlines.
- Can demonstrate solid experience of working in and managing payroll service(s).
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy with reviewing and interpreting payroll reports.
- Be confident in using and reporting from a Payroll System. Training on the Payroll System will be provided.
- You will be able to maintain confidentiality and exercise the highest level of discretion. This means you will be confident in GDPR and the impact of this on payroll working practices.
This newly created role would suit an experienced benefits & payroll manager who is looking for a new challenge. Candidates must have experience in managing benefits offerings and overseeing payroll teams.
For more information or a confidential conversation, please contact the search consultant - Craig Saxby at Morson International.