Up to £400.00 per day
9 months ago
Outline Job Profile:
* As part of the Zephyr Power team, you will be working with the wider Zephyr aircraft system and sub-system teams to develop and deliver safe and efficient electrical power storage solutions to time, cost and quality.
* [Comprising battery assemblies solar arrays electronics and Ground Support Equipment to store and maintain battery assemblies].
* Working with both internal and external stakeholders, develop solutions that will satisfy regulatory safety requirements within a flight operations and aircraft maintenance environment.
* Lead / support the development of design solutions through the execution of effective engineering plans of work (design, development and verification), including the transition into recurring production.
* Analyse and evaluate battery data as related to cell usage, performance, and life.
* Work with suppliers to analyse cell level performance and degradation over life.
* Develop calibrations for cell-related battery controls support development of battery management systems.
* Support anomaly investigations and their resolution, in accordance with internal non-conformance control process.
* Provide technical support to supplier activities through their development, verification and production activities (including approving test plans and procedures, review test results, evaluate design changes).
* Support the definition development and evaluation plans for next generation power system solutions for Zephyr, including emerging cell technology for application in the HAPS environment.
* Accountable to the Head of Engineering
* No direct reports
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
* Proven experience of developing new product solutions for cutting edge applications.
* Experience in the application of DFx during development is highly desirable.
* Experience in establishing effective test and verification plans, equipment and methods is highly desirable.
* Experience of taking solutions through New Product Introduction (NPI) phases with a similar technology would be advantageous.
* Direct experience with analysing/evaluating battery technology designs and data is desirable. In particular, in the field of advanced Lithium based chemistry batteries.
* Experience with data analysis software (e.g. MATLAB or similar) is desirable.
* Self-motivated, proactive, team-oriented and willing to take on challenges.
* Proven track record of delivering to time, cost and quality.
* Able to constructively influence wider team functions, suppliers and customers.
* Good written & verbal communication skills.
* Some travel may be required.