Fermanagh, County Fermanagh
Up to £21512.00 per annum
6 months ago
Our client in Derrylin has a requirement within their Glass Operations team for a Batch & Furnace Operator on a permanent basis.
To Batch & Furnace Operator will assist in all duties required to ensure the safe and efficient running and maintenance of the day-to-day operations in the batch plant and furnace areas.
* Monitoring the physical condition of two furnaces and all associated equipment on a daily basis, carrying out maintenance works and repairs when required, in order to optimise operations.
* Comply with company health & safety and hygiene policies, operational procedures and regulations, including wearing the relevant PPE.
* Carry out daily routine activities in back yard and batch plant area.
* Flag up maintenance requirements and inform the Batch & Furnace Manager.
* Ensure quality, continuous supply and correct storage of incoming raw materials.
* Keep work areas clean and tidy after work is completed, in accordance with housekeeping standards.
Skills & Experience Required:
Knowledge and understanding of FLT and shovel operations.
Process control knowledge.
Technical engineering background is desirable.
Experience of working in a furnace control room or in a hot environment is desirable.
Ability to communicate and maintain good working relationships with colleagues at all levels.
Attention to detail.