3 months ago
Morson are recruiting for a Base Maintenance Liaison Engineer for an initial 6 months contract for a Major Aerospace Company based in Camberley but with travel expected , sometimes at short notice to America or other European countries.
The Client is looking for a highly skilled and experienced airline engineering professional to work in a highly varied and dynamic environment. The successful candidate should expect regular overseas travel to accomplish their duties. This will involve building close relationships with both enrolled Customers and Contracted MRO whilst overseeing Base Maintenance inputs on the growing fleet of Boeing 787 and 737MAX aircraft within the GoldCare program. The role will give the successful candidate the opportunity to be part of a highly motivated and evolving team of like minded professionals.
1. Role Description
To ensure that all GoldCare Base Maintenance inputs are:
- Planned to the specifications required by the Operator's Maintenance Programme.
- Completed to operational requirements.
- Completed within budgetary requirements.
- Completed to EASA Part 145 Standards.
2. Key Areas of Responsibility
- Ensure Planning and Technical Services Departments have produced the required work packages with accurate technical content in a timely fashion and are passed to the Base Maintenance MRO within the agreed pre-check time frames.
- Conduct Pre-input meetings prior to all Base Maintenance inputs to ensure all key stakeholders have met delivery requirements.
- Ensure that Base Maintenance MROs meet all required Quality and Safety Standards.
- Ensure that Base Maintenance MROs meet contractual obligations.
- Provide link between Base Maintenance MRO and Gold Care Tech Services as required to resolve technical problems.
- Oversight of Base Maintenance inputs from a commercial standpoint to ensure cost control.
- Provide technical support where required to MRO operatives.
- Meet with MRO leadership throughout Base Maintenance inputs to review performance against plan.
- Carry out on-site Quality investigations as required during Base Maintenance Inputs.
- Produce post check reports highlighting areas of success and areas for improvement.
- Lead the on-site GoldCare team during Base Maintenance inputs towards a common goal including re-tasking all team members to prioritise key areas when required.
Requirements for this Position:
- The ideal candidate will have worked in an airline engineering and/or aircraft Maintenance Repair and Overhaul (MRO) organization as an experienced EASA B1 or B2 licensed and type rated Certifying Engineer.
- You will have airline/MRO experience with maintenance of Boeing aircraft types.
- Must have full working knowledge of EASA Part M and Part 145 regulations. Must be very familiar with Boeing technical support manuals used for on-wing maintenance of Boeing airplanes.
- Experience in managing performance-based aircraft maintenance contracts is highly desirable.
- Experience with Microsoft software applications is highly desired.
- Preferred Professional Aerospace/Engineering degree (or related aviation discipline) from a recognized university.
- EASA Part 66 B1 or B2 (or equivalent) Aircraft Maintenance Engineer's License with Boeing 787 and/or 737NG aircraft type rating is preferred.
- The Base Maintenance Liaison Engineer will be based at the BCASEL facility but will spend a high proportion of time at other UK, Europe and overseas locations.
- The Base Maintenance Liaison Engineer must be willing and able to spend considerable time away from base including training periods in Seattle.
Please send Cv or ring Sue Orr on 01935 403205 for more details.