Up to £46.00 per hour
11 months ago
Software Engineer (Tactical Datalinks)
Duration: 6 Months
Rate: £46 Per Hour
This role will be working within the software development team in within a specialise Tactical Datalinks Group, who develop and support a number of TDL systems deployed on a variety of operational platforms: air, sea and, land.
The system solutions exploit a number of existing in-house products allowing management of Tactical Datalinks, situational awareness through to command and control of assets via the Datalink. New products are continually being designed and developed in order to provide improved interoperability and beyond line of sight connectivity, with particular focus on web browser user interfaces and normalised data exchange via IP networks.
Proven Ability / Skills / Knowledge
- A reasonable understanding of the software development lifecycle, from design through to test.
- A working knowledge of software development processes (e.g. design, coding, unit testing and configuration), and development tools (e.g. code editors, source code control, defect reporting systems)
- Proven ability with project specific tools and processes such as DOORS, Enterprise Architect
- A knowledge of Tactical Data Links and Datalink processing from a software implementation perspective
- Understanding approved technical designs.
- Develop software solutions in line with the approved technical designs.
- Accurately report on own progress.
- Complete work to a high standard and within estimates
- Support System Test Activities
Due to the sensitive nature of the product all applicants must capable of obtaining UK MoD Security Clearance to SC level.