Up to £41.00 per annum
5 months ago
LOW OBSERVALBLES ENGINEERS x2 - CONTRACT 12 Months - WARTON near Preston in Lancashire
The Low Observables (LO) Engineer will work within the LO team who are responsible for signature management and integration across existing Air Sector platforms and future strategic Technology development. The role involves the provision of engineering input into the definition of the LO elements of vehicle configuration options: Specification, monitoring, and analysis of Radar Cross Section (RCS) tests as required to support LO design activities. Definition, execution, and where necessary monitoring of theoretical and analytical RCS computations to support LO design activities.
- Good understanding of electromagnetics principles both practical and theoretical essential.
- Knowledge of IT essential, with experience and background understanding of CAD systems and general Airframe engineering.
- Knowledge and experience of RCS control and reduction technologies and techniques, including existing RCS data sources: analytical, theoretical, and experimental methods and techniques is desirable.
- Ability to identify and recommend appropriate balance of such methods to suit programme purposes.
- Ability to contribute creatively to development of RCS control solutions and configuration designs.
- Ability to communicate effectively with other technical specialists and work as part of a multi-disciplinary project team.AT THE COAL FACE TASKS / RESPONSIBILITIES 2. The design of the LO elements of vehicle design, including assessment and control of changes to external lines definition of detailed design features including control of excrescences, panel and door joints and edges, system and equipment installations. 4. The definition, execution, and where necessary monitoring of theoretical and analytical RCS computations to support LO Design activities
- Candidates are likely to be seasoned in in aerospace engineering, mathematics, physics or equivalent in-service experience.
- 5. Liaison as necessary with internal and external research agencies and programmes to ensure maximum mutual benefit and application of technology developments.
- 3. The specification, monitoring, and analysis of Radar Cross Section (RCS) tests to support LO design activities.
- 1. The definition of the Low Observable (LO) elements of vehicle configuration options the selection of a favoured configuration and the refinement of the favoured configuration leading to vehicle lines freeze.
ADDITIONAL SECURITY INFORMATION: WE SEEK 2 LOW OBSERVABLES ENGINEERS WHO HAVE WORKED IN A MILITARY / DEFENCE ENVIRONMENT / INDUSTRY WITHIN THE LAST 12 MONTHS OR WHO IS CAPABLE OF OBTAINING SECURITY CLEARANCE (SC LEVEL MINIMUM