Doncaster, South Yorkshire
£39.000 - £50.000 per annum
25 days ago
To identify and correct malfunctioning jet, turboprop, and reciprocating multi-engine aircraft mechanical components and systems. Performs annual and progressive inspections as well as modification work on customer aircraft.
- Performs a variety of diagnostic and mechanical duties on one or more jet and/or turboprop, aircraft models involving diagnoses of malfunctions and required dis-assembly, rework, repair, replacement, reassembly or adjustment of various aircraft systems to prepare aircraft mechanically for flight and delivery to customer. Requires thorough knowledge of aircraft engines, mechanical systems, and components on all assigned aircraft.
- Checks, corrects or replaces a variety of complex aircraft assemblies, landing gear systems, air conditioner system, pressurisation system, and optional equipment installations.
- Repairs or replaces engine components and accessory items such as fuel control units, fuel injection system, air bleed system, oil and fuel pumps, starter/generators, and hydraulic and vacuum pumps.
- Requires knowledge of annual and progressive inspection procedures set forth in aircraft maintenance manuals. Performs modification work on aircraft systems and structures.
- Responsible for clear, concise and accurate written reports in logs, inspection reports and in parts identification for issue and return documents.
- Conducts functional checks, engine test runs, instrument tests and alignment, and preventive maintenance on same. Rigging, synchronising of throttles, and setting the stops.
III. May be required to observe operation of mechanical systems during flight and troubleshoot problems for in-shop repairs.
- Performs duties in a manner consistent with the latest state of the art and highest standards of safety for maintaining aircraft in the most airworthy and reliable condition for the customers safety.
- Uses tensiometers, micrometers, pressure gauges, dial gauges, vacuum gauges, and a variety of hand tools to repair and modify systems or assemblies