4 months ago
Morson International are currently looking to recruit an Avionics System Design Engineer for our Aerospace client whereby you will be responsible for Avionics System Integration Design of aircraft equipment and components
in accordance with the technical requirements and the Statement of Work specified within the scope of the contract agreed with the customer, to meet the performance needs stated in the Technical Specification and ensuring compliance with civil and military airworthiness requirements.
- Carry out analysis and interpretation of client/customer requirements/technical specifications of aircraft equipment, components and systems, ensuring their successful integration onto aircraft.
- Develop avionic system designs using AutoCAD Electrical.
- Produce aircraft installation wiring diagrams using AutoCAD Electrical.
- Specify avionic design systems interfaces compatible with the installation requirements.
- Define equipment, components, systems and installations specified to enable system testing, fault finding prior to installation and certification.
- Carry out aircraft electrical load analysis.
- Write test schedules and reports.
- Advise the design office on mechanical requirements aspects of avionic designs.
- Support the production of service bulletins and manual supplements.
- Participate as a Design Office Team member in collaboration with the Workshop and Project Office and external suppliers in delivering equipment, components and systems to meet the Technical Specification.
- Delivery of the required technical solution to meet the schedule and man hour budget agreed in the Statement of Work under the supervision of the Chief Avionics / Electrical Designer.
- Conform with the procedures, processes and standards defined by the Head of Design and Quality Assurance Manager to meet the Technical Specification and to satisfy the Terms and Conditions of Contract.
- Participate in reporting technical progress associated with achieving the programme milestones.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Experience in avionics integration design, working for an EASA Part 21J DOA.
- An understanding of aircraft wiring diagrams.
- Experience in the use of AutoCAD to produce aircraft wiring diagrams.
- Hands on avionics design/maintenance experience preferable but not essential.
- Some familiarity with the quality procedures and working practices under ISO9001, EASA/CAA & DAOS approvals preferable but not essential.