10 months ago
Morson are currently recruiting Aircraft Mechanical Supervisors and Fitters to work days on the Wildcat at RNAS Yeovilton, Somerset. We are also looking for Avionics Supervisors, Avionic Fitter and a Mechanical Fitter to work shifts. These are Permanent roles working for Morson.
Ideally candidates will have recent working experience on Helicopters but the Manager will also look at Fixed wing candidates.
The Job Details below are for the Supervisor positions, the Fitter roles will not have to have the Supervision experience:
Wildcat aircraft maintenance and supervision of relevant trade group.
SECTION 2 - MAIN ACTIVITIES AND TASKS
- Aircraft maintenance within trade, as tasked and in accordance with published Procedures and Instructions.
- Aircraft storage maintenance within trade, as tasked and in accordance with published Procedures and Instructions.
- Preparation of aircraft for or removal from short, medium & long term storage
- Maintenance of removed aircraft components.
- Observing authorised tool control procedures when carrying out maintenance work on aircraft and aircraft associated bay work.
- Supervision of fitters within trade group
- Operation and maintenance of AGE and facilities as directed.
- Preparation of aircraft for road or air transportation.
- Participation in aircraft recovery operations as required.
- Authorised for second signature for own trade group as detailed in Operating Procedures.
- Carrying out independent inspections in accordance with the authorisations granted in individual Record of Engineering Authorisations.
- Determining the level of flight servicing required after maintenance, subject to the appropriate MAE Engineering authorisation.
- Loading/unloading of drill munitions.
- Basic operation of the HUMS Maintenance Data Station IT system as directed by the respective systems managers.
- Utilise and interrogate the GOLDesp system as required.
- Any other aircraft or aircraft support related tasks as directed by the appropriate manager.
- Complying with the Company's/Customer's Quality Manual and the Customer's Health, Safety and Environmental policy, wearing protective clothing at all times and observing COSHH regulations.
SECTION 3 - KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Must have served an aeronautical engineering apprenticeship or Service equivalent trade training.
- Must have had a minimum four (4) years working in a military aircraft engineering supervisory position.
Please send cv or ring Sue Orr on 01935 403205 for more details