North Wales, Wales
Up to £19.25 per hour
about 1 year ago
6 months +
The post holder will undertake a range of maintenance on an aircraft or aircraft components. At this level the post holder requires a basic understanding of the construct of the approved data set and is competent to work to maintenance instructions with support, in accordance with the organisation's MOE. Demonstrates the ability to follow approved technical Information and work effectively within a team in a diverse and dynamic operational environment.
Generic Areas of Responsibility
- Performance indicators - Ensure the effective provision of Part 145 activities by meeting delivery targets and reporting any impact on Continuing Airworthiness. Understand how individual actions contribute to overall delivery performance.
- Completion of activities - Ensure all Part 145 activities are appropriately documented and airworthiness records are maintained on relevant systems (IT / paper based). Compile required reporting, identify any issues and escalate as appropriate.
- Procedure/standards - Comply with the Part 145 Exposition, its associated procedures and standards and any other Company procedures and standards, as applicable. Identify and propose changes, as required.
- Safety Management System - Ensure Human Factors and Error Management philosophies are applied to all Part 145 activities. Understand the risks associated with Part 145 and the means by which they are mitigated and managed.
- Management System Assurance - Ensure Part 145 activities are compliant with the AM&S Governance and Assurance framework, including supporting Process Confirmations and independent assurance audits. Support the response to audit findings in a timely and appropriate manner and provide information to support the relevant reviews. Support the implementation of identified improvements to overcome any non-compliance and monitor effectiveness.
- Statutory / Regulatory & Legislative requirements - Able to demonstrate an appropriate level of understanding and application of the relevant Continuing Airworthiness Regulatory framework.
- Support the implementation of any Regulatory-driven changes into the Part 145 activities. Ensure compliance with all other requirements, e.g. ITAR, EaPW, ISO, etc.
- Contractual Requirements - Ensure compliance with applicable contractual requirements.
Major Areas of Responsibility Specific to Capability
- Undertake and complete tasked maintenance activities on an aircraft or components which may include for example Aircraft Ground Handling, flight servicings, aircraft role changes, AD embodiments, component removals, repairs, modifications, fault rectifications and replacements.
- Provide support to functional and system test.
- Record any maintenance issues, escalate as required.
- Demonstrates a flexible and proactive attitude to carrying out responsibilities appropriate to the role and takes direction appropriately.
- Maintain personal task authorisations for working on aircraft or components.
- Undertake support tasks within the Aircraft or component maintenance facility which are required to maintain compliance with the MOE and Functionally Mandated Procedures (e.g. oversight checks, control of tooling / test equipment etc.)
- Receive On the Job training activities and maintain personal Log Book for currency and recency.
- Completion of an Engineering Apprenticeship, ideally in Aeronautical Engineering, or Military equivalent Apprenticeship / qualifications.
- Academic qualification for this role is a minimum of City & Guilds 2675 or 2661 in Aeronautical Engineering and Maintenance or equivalent.
Typically 2 years experience (including NVQ year), to build up skills, knowledge and authorities on Aircraft or in Bays. Demonstrating breadth of systems experience, currency & recency in Log Book (paper or electronic) to capture the build up of skills, knowledge and authorities on Aircraft or in workshops.