Anglesey, Isle of Anglesey
Up to £27000 per annum + Package
7 months ago
Avionic Senior Supervisor
RAF Valley - Anglesey
£27000 + Overtime + Package
General Description of Job
Working on the Hawk TMk1 aircraft within an Aircraft Maintenance Repair & Overhaul (AMRO) environment at RAF Valley. The Avionic Senior Supervisor will be accountable for co-ordinating personnel in support of Team Leader directions and developing a safe and quality conscious work force. The post holder will be an experienced and skilled technician capable of undertaking a wide range of detailed aircraft maintenance, inspection and supervision tasks. Reporting to the Av/Elec Team Leader the successful applicant is expected to promote good practices and ensure compliance in all areas.
The general supervision and technical direction of all employees under their control.
The main tasks could include but not limited to:
- Carrying out 1st, 2nd and 3rd signature responsibilities.
- Supervising work carried out by employees under his/her control to ensure compliance and airworthiness.
- Prioritising tasks across maintenance tracks to maximise team efficiency.
- Deputising for Team Leader
- Maintaining a PEVL to establish continuity of experience.
- Carrying out additional duties as may be required by the Maintenance Manager or Deputy Maintenance Manager.
- Ensure Company health, safety and environmental procedures are implemented and complied with at all times.
Technical Experience and Qualifications
- Minimum of 4 years in a Supervisory position within a related engineering environment
- Supervisors in Aviation training
- Type systems course
Training in an Aircraft related discipline to :-
City & Guilds 2675 or 2661, NVQ Level 3 in Aircraft maintenance or equivalent
- Computer literate
- Knowledge of applicable legislation and Standards
- Knowledge of Quality (QMS), Safety (SMS) and Environmental Management Systems
- Knowledge of RAF Engineering policy documentation and organisation
- Knowledge of human factors, human performance and limitations
- Knowledge of organisation capabilities, privileges and limitations
- Knowledge of Part-M, Part-145 and any other relevant regulations
- Understanding of professional integrity, behaviour and attitude towards safety
- Understanding of conditions for ensuring continuing airworthiness of aircraft and components
- Understanding critical task
- Use engineering knowledge and understanding to apply technical practical skills
- Ability to promote the safety and quality policy
- Ability to use information systems
- Ability to use, control and be familiar with required tooling and/or equipment
- Resources management and production planning skills
Behavioural and Leadership Competency Profile: Insert the relevant behavioural requirements for the level of job, these can be found in the divisional Behavioural & Leadership Framework.
If you wish to gain any further information before applying please call the MRO Team on 0161 707 1516.