£18.93 - £18.96 per hour + 18.96 PAYE
26 days ago
What we are looking for:
As Aircraft Operator your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
Completion of an Engineering Apprenticeship, ideally in Aeronautical Engineering, or Military equivalent Apprenticeship / qualifications.
Academic qualification for this role is a minimum of City & Guilds 2675 or 2661 in Aeronautical Engineering and Maintenance.
Typhoon Maintenance experience is essential
Knowledge of Depth Maintenance documentation (ESS/IMS and associated toolsets) is essential.
Knowledge of quality procedures, processes and specifications. MIL Depth Maintenance (MAOS MIL Pt145) experience essential.
Knowledge of scheduled servicing & EVM techniques.
We are looking for someone who has an all round appreciation Typhoon aircraft systems who is an excellent team worker and communicator. They will be highly motivated and capable of problem solving and developing situations.
WORKING HOURS - ON BASE
- 5 days p/wk (Mon-Fri) around relevant site core hours (7.30am - 4.30pm Mon - Thurs, 7.30am - 12pm Fri).
- Hours required to work per week are 37.00 unless otherwise stated (this does not include lunch breaks).
- Start and finish times to be agreed with local Line Management, in accordance with local site core hours.
- Lunch break allowance is 30 minutes between 12.30 - 1:00pm (or as agreed with Line Manager). 30 mins will automatically be deducted each working day by the electronic time management system.
- Dependant on workload, local management may request more or less hours are worked within this contract.
- Candidates should be aware that this position may involve shift work
Nightshift pattern Days: 07:30 till 16:00hrs and Nights: 16:00 to 02:00hrs
The successful candidate will be required to perform tasks suitable to the internal level of this role. The role will contain, but will not be limited to, the following:
Other main responsibilities will include:
Post holder(s) will perform a range of maintenance tasks, including: strip, repair, modification and maintenance work i.e. removal, installation and functional test at appropriate levels of supervision.
Competent to work with approved data in the form of maintenance instruction and schedules for planned and un-planned tasks. Requires knowledge of approved data, able to read basic engineering drawings, clear own paperwork and deliver work ready for inspection. Demonstrates ability to follow diagnostic procedures and provide guidance to team members through O-J-T.
1. Performance indicators - Ensure the effective provision of Part 145 activities by meeting delivery targets and reporting any impact on Continuing Airworthiness. Understand how individual actions contribute to overall delivery performance.
2. Completion of activities - Ensure all Part 145 activities are appropriately documented and airworthiness records are maintained on relevant systems (IT / paper based). Compile required reporting, identify any issues and escalate as appropriate.
3. Procedure/standards - Comply with the Part 145 Exposition, its associated procedures and standards and any other Company procedures and standards, as applicable. Identify and propose changes, as required.
4. Safety Management System - Ensure Human Factors and Error Management philosophies are applied to all Part 145 activities. Understand the risks associated with Part 145 and the means by which they are mitigated and managed.
6. Statutory / Regulatory & Legislative requirements - Able to demonstrate an appropriate level of understanding and application of the relevant Continuing Airworthiness Regulatory framework. Support the implementation of any Regulatory-driven changes into the Part 145 activities. Ensure compliance with all other requirements, e.g. ITAR, EaPW, ISO, etc.
7. Contractual Requirements - Ensure compliance with applicable contractual requirements, e.g. through support to contract reviews via the incorporation of required changes into Part 145 processes.
8. Demonstrates a flexible and proactive attitude to carrying out responsibilities, appropriate to the role and takes direction appropriately. Must be willing to support Night and Day Shifts inclusive of Support to Forward activities in the UK or overseas, (Falklands).
Requires a good knowledge and comprehensive understanding of work routines and procedures in own technical/subject area and a basic knowledge of those elements in other areas. Demonstrates ability to follow diagnostic procedures and awareness of how the team integrates with others in order to achieve the overall objectives of the area. Demonstrates increased level of influence to business performance and practical application
As an Operator your responsibilities will involve:
1. Undertaking a range of maintenance activities in the on aircraft environment, including scheduled maintenance, emergent work and modification upgrades.
2. The ability to follow approved Technical Information and work effectively within a team in a diverse and dynamic operational environment.
3. Maintain personal task authorisations for working on aircraft.
4. Sign as first signatory for work assigned and undertaken when appropriately authorised.
The candidate must have Microsoft Office Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project and Outlook
Communication, Team Working & Motivation
NVQ level 3 & Typhoon Q
Additional Agency Information
Pay Rate £18.96 PAYE
Computer or DSE Work