The role of Aircraft Maintenance Operator/Technician is based within the Typhoon Support-to-Forward (STF) Team at RAF Lossiemouth. Working in conjunction with the RAF, the role will undertake maintenance, repair and modification activities to meet the requirements of the UK Typhoon fleet, as part of the TyTAN Enterprise Service. The role will report directly to the Aircraft Maintenance Team Leader/Supervisor for all aspects of maintenance under their control.
The role holder may be required to carry out additional or alternative tasks from time to time, subject to holding the appropriate qualifications.
The successful candidate will be required to perform tasks suitable to the internal level of this role. The role will contain, but will not be limited to, the following:
- Support the Maintenance Team Leader and Maintenance Supervisor in executing the Team output as defined by the agreed STF Maintenance Plan
- Perform a range of maintenance tasks including: strip, repair, modification and maintenance, such as removal, installation and functional test with the appropriate level of supervision, or self-supervision where authorised to do so.
- Ensuring that all assigned maintenance activities are carried out in compliance with all regulatory requirements, QR640, including all associated procedures and standards, and any other applicable Company procedures and standards.
- Proactively address personal career aspirations and personal development activities
- Ensuring that all maintenance tasks are conducted IAW approved data using the approved toolsets
- Maintain personal task authorisation levels and ensuring that any training requirements are identified to the Supervisory/Maintenance Team Leader.
- Providing guidance to new team members.
- Ensure timely identification and provisioning of all required aircraft spares, tooling, aircraft support and test equipment, and maintenance facility requirements.
- Ensure all aircraft maintenance activities are appropriately documented and airworthiness records are accurately maintained within the Aircraft F700 documentation and relevant electronic documentation systems.
- Identifying any emergent maintenance support requirements directly to Maintenance Team Leader or Aircraft Maintenance Controller.