Katie Robson Hill
9 days ago
Atlas Elektronik UK
Morson International are recruiting for Availability, Reliability and Maintainability (ARM) Engineer on a permanent basis to work in the maritime defence industry. Based in Dorset, our client develop, supply and support cutting-edge maritime technology for customers worldwide.
As an ARM Engineer, you will join our client's Integrated Logistic Support (ILS) Team. You will carry out and deliver ARM work packages.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a rapidly growing organisation on both a national and international scale.
Depending on the stage of the particular project, the ARM Engineer will be accountable to the ILS Team Leader for the following tasks:
- Support bid programmes by writing ARM proposals and estimating ILS/ARM level of effort.
- Generate ARM Programme Plans that satisfy the requirements of the Def Stan 00-40 series of standards and supporting the project in obtaining the agreement of these programs with the customer.
- Analyse the support requirements within a bid / project and define and carry out the associated tasks; and design the most appropriate support strategy and solution through life.
- Successfully influence the product design to enhance in-service reliability.
- With support from the design teams, and in accordance with the agreed ARM Programme Plan, provide assurance that the ARM requirements have been achieved. This will typically involve the preparation of ARM Case Reports.
- Develop ARM, Life Cycle Costs, and spares ranging and scaling.
- Develop the ARM Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) and schedules.
What we are looking for in you:
- Essential knowledge of Defence Standards Def Stan 00-600, Def Stan 00-40, Def Stan 00-42, Def Stan 00-44, Mil Std 1388-2B, Mil Std 1629A, Mil Std 2165, Mil Hdbk 471A, Mil Hdbk 472, Mil Std 785, Mil Std 756, Mil Std 470.
- Essential experience in the production of Integrated Support Plan (ISP) and ILS element plans and associated task/analysis especially reliability predictions, Reliability Block Diagrams (RBDs), Failure Mode Effects and Criticality Analysis (FMECA), Maintenance Task Analysis (MTA) and spares analysis.
- Proven track record of creating and delivering ILS products, proposal writing, generating associated costs, and responding to Requests for Quotations (RFQs) etc.
- Educated to degree level in a science/engineering subject or has a proven record of accomplishment in a similar role.
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Other useful knowledge and skills (not essential):
- Naval working practices
- Underwater acoustics and signal processing
- Military sonars
- Mine warfare
- Naval systems and platforms